India has reached far in space exploration. In some cases, it has set up a new record for the world. All it has become possible because of ISRO. It is very important for us to have some basic information about ISRO through some sets of 10 lines on ISRO below. You should get through them if you want to have some facts about it.
Ten Lines on ISRO
1) ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organisation.
2) It is a space agency of the Government of India.
3) ISRO was founded on 15 August 1969.
4) ISRO’s headquarter is situated at Bangalore district of Karnataka in India.
5) Kailasavadivoo Sivan is the current (2020) chairman of ISRO.
6) Department of Space is the parent organization of ISRO.
7) ISRO works intending to explore space with the help of modern technologies.
8) Some of its research centres are Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, National Atmospheric Research Laboratory and North-Eastern Space Application Centre etc.
9) ISRO is equipped with SLV, PSLV, ASLV, GSLV and other launch vehicles.
10) ISRO has also worked with foreign space agencies to make joint space exploration.
1) A committee for the establishment of ISRO was formed in 1962.
2) The committee was formed and inspired by Vikram Sarabhai.
3) ‘Aryabhata’, India’s first satellite, was built by ISRO and launched on 19 April 1975.
4) ISRO launched ‘Chandrayan 1’ on 22 October 2008 which was a lunar mission.
5) ISRO has a record of sending 104 satellites in one attempt on 15 February 2017.
6) It is the first space agency to enter into Mars orbit on 24 September 2014.
7) ISRO has its 3D based map for India named ‘Bhuvan’.
8) ISRO has made India the fourth country to wave the Indian flag on Moon.
9) It was ISRO that confirmed that the Moon also has water.
10) ISRO works from its 13 centres spread all over the India.
ISRO has helped India a lot in solving many mysteries related to Space. Not only India but also the entire world has benefitted by the ISRO. There is a strong contribution of this Indian Space Agency in making India a renowned nation in the world. ISRO has become so great because of the works of numerous scientists in the field.