International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated every year on 11th February across the world in order to promote the participation of women and girls in the field of science, engineering, and mathematics. United Nations, on 22nd December 2015 in 70th general assembly session, passed a resolution for the observance of International Day of Women and Girls in Science. The day is observed in order to achieve gender parity and sustainable development in the field of science and technology by 2030.
Ten Lines on International Day of Women and Girls in Science in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on International Day of Women and Girls in Science in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraphs writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will help you to get complete knowledge about International Day of Women and Girls in Science as well as its related topics.
10 Lines on International Day of Women and Girls in Science
1) The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated every year on 11th February.
2) The program celebration aims to promote the participation of women in science and technology.
3) UN adopted the resolution in 2015 along with 68 nations to observe 11th February as International Day of Women and Girls in Science.
4) Every year UNESCO plans celebrations in collaboration with civil partners to promote women empowerment.
5) The celebration ensures equal opportunities for girls and women in the field of education, science, and technology.
6) The day is one of the flagship initiatives of the UN to achieve sustainable development.
7) As per the statistics from the UN, less than 35% of researchers worldwide are women.
8) The day is being celebrated by research centers, universities, science museums, and many other institutions related to science.
9) The celebration raises awareness about the gender gap in the field of science and technology.
10) It also highlights the important work and contributions of women scientists.
10 Lines and Sentences on International Day of Women and Girls in Science
1) Every year International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated across the world with a theme.
2) The theme for International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2019 was “Investment in women and girls in science for inclusive green growth”.
3) The gender-biased and stereotypical attitude have kept the girls and women away from science-related fields.
4) On International Day of Women and Girls in Science the events are organized around the globe to encourage girls to take science as a subject.
5) The events of celebration include panel discussions, seminars and conferences on promoting gender equality and parity in fields of science.
6) The international community at the UN convention pledges to provide logistics and financial support for women and girls of underdeveloped and poor nations.
7) For the inclusive economic growth of the nation the measures should be taken to ensure the participation of women and girls in the field of science.
8) The number of women participating in high-level scientific meets, research programs have been relatively less compared to men around the world.
9) UNESCO and UN Women in collaboration with educational institutions promote women and girl’s participation in science for removing gender disparity.
10) Women diversity in research expands the pool of talented scientists, encouraging talent, innovation and creativity.
5 Lines on International Day of Women and Girls in Science
1) It is observed every year on 11 February.
2) The day promotes equal female participation in science.
3) It also focuses to eradicate gender inequality.
4) This day is dedicated to women and girls.
5) Various competitions are organized in schools.
20 Lines on International Day of Women and Girls in Science
1) 11th of February has been marked for the celebration of this day.
2) This day is celebrated all across the world.
3) It is celebrated to cherish the participation of women and girls in the field of science.
4) Every year this day is celebrated with a theme.
5) The theme of 2021 is: “Women scientists at the forefront of the fight against covid-19”.
6) Women in pandemic situations have participated equally to men in the field of science.
7) The main event has been done online mode this year.
8) This day was held virtually at the United Nations headquarters.
9) This day is celebrated not only for gender equality but also for sustainable growth.
10) On this Day, experts across all the countries working in the field gathered virtually.
11) One of the biggest names in the field of science Madam Curie who died while discovering radium.
12) She was honored with Nobel Prize in Physics and Chemistry.
13) Only Less than 30% of the women are involved in the science field.
14) To promote more involvement of women and girls in the field this day is celebrated.
15) Various initiatives were taken by the UN to inspire girls and women.
16) International days are also celebrated to educate the public on issues related to the concern.
17) In India, only 25% of women are engaged in the science faculty of various institutes.
18) Only 14% of women are working as scientists in India; 39,389.
19) Apart from this women in India also have contributed a lot in the science field.
20) The Mars mission of India is a great example of contribution by women scientists in the science field.
As per the study conducted by the UN in 15 nations, the probability of women graduating with a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree and a doctorate in science are 18%, 8%, and 2% respectively, which is relatively lower when compared to male counterparts. The international community, NGOs and educational institutes around the world have to take measures for encouraging women and girls to go for higher studies in the field of science and engineering.