National Science Day is celebrated every year on 28th February in order to commemorate the discovery of Raman Effect in India by Indian physicist Sir CV Raman. It is one of the important science festivals in India which is celebrated by the students of the colleges and schools by demonstrating various science projects in the state as well as national level science exhibitions. The Ministry of Science and Technology gives a special message on the occasion of National Science Day celebration to the students, scientists, researchers and public of nation.
Ten Lines on National Science Day in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on National Science Day in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraphs writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will help you to get complete knowledge about National Science Day as well as its related topics.
10 Lines on National Science Day
1) The National Science Day is celebrated every year on 28th February in order to mark the discovery of the Raman Effect by Sir CV Raman.
2) The program celebration aims to highlight the achievement of famous Indian Scientist Sir CV Raman who won the noble prize in Physics in 1930.
3) The government of India observed the first National Science Day on 28th February 1987.
4) The National Council for Science and Technology Communication helps scientific institutions in coordinating National Science Day.
5) The event is celebrated across the country in schools, colleges, universities and scientific research institutions.
6) National Science Day is celebrated by organizing public speeches, science movies, science exhibitions, debates, quiz competitions, lectures, etc.
7) National Science Day is celebrated across the nation with a theme to promote science-related activities.
8) National Science Day 2019 theme was “Science for the People and the People for Science”.
9) The National Science Day creates awareness about the importance of science in the daily life of people.
10) Science carnival is organized along with a series of scientific activities in many schools and colleges by inviting eminent scientists and faculties.
10 Lines and Sentences on National Science Day
1) The schools and educational institutions celebrate National Science Day by organizing various competitions like painting, drawing, exhibitions, and quizzes.
2) National Council for Science and Technology communication organizes various events on science-related topics across the nation.
3) One of the objectives of celebrating National Science Day is to inspire upcoming generations for taking science subjects in their studies.
4) On this day, the government runs various campaigns and awareness programmes for science-related activities through print and electronic media.
5) India celebrates the day in order to promote the field of science and technology which are the key drivers of the economy.
6) National Science Day celebration at undergraduate colleges or institutions encourages the students for choosing a career in the research field.
7) National Science Day celebration stresses the importance of science in the field of human welfare like energy production, medicine, and health, environmental issues, etc.
8) National Science Day celebration helps in building the scientific temperament among the children.
9) On National Science Day, the government felicitates the ‘Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar’ awards to the scientists who have done outstanding work in the field of science.
10) National Science Day Celebration showcases the talent and potential of our scientists to the world.
5 Lines on National Science Day
1) 28th of February is celebrated as National Science Day.
2) It commemorates the discovery of the Raman Effect.
3) This day also promotes the importance of science.
4) Competitions and exhibitions are organized on this day.
5) This day is celebrated with great zeal.
20 Lines on National Science Day
1) National Science Day is celebrated in India every year on the 28th of February.
2) This day commemorates the invention of the Raman Effect by the great Indian physicist, Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman.
3) It was on this same day that Sir Raman made to the world his greatest invention, the Raman Effect, in the year 1928.
4) He was awarded and honored in the year 1930 with the Nobel Prize in the Physics for his great success in the field of science in India.
5) On this day, we show our dignity and respect to the famous Indian physicist to mark his discovery of the Raman Effect.
6) Generally, the celebration includes public speech, talk shows, science exhibitions based on themes and concepts, live projects and researches demonstrations.
7) Also, various awards are given by the government and non-government bodies to recognize the efforts of individuals for the popularization of science in the country.
8) The day is celebrated as a science carnival, recognizing the scientific activities and programs in the country.
9) The events organized during this National Science Day celebration provide a platform for various newcomers to start their career in the field of science.
10) The Minister of Science and Technology delivers messages to students, scientists, researchers and the general public of the nation through his speech on this day.
11) National Science Day is celebrated under the aegis of the National Council of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Science and Technology.
12) Its main objective is to bring awareness in the society about the benefits of science and to inculcate scientific thinking.
13) On 28th February 1928, Sir CV Raman announced his discovery.
14) He was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930 for this discovery.
15) The basic objective of National Science Day is to attract and motivate young students towards science and to make the general public aware of science and scientific achievements.
16) On this day, programs related to various scientific activities are organized in all the science laboratories, science academies, schools, colleges and training institutes.
17) Important events include speeches, essays, writing, science quiz, science exhibition, seminar etc. of scientists are also organized on this day.
18) National and other awards are announced for special contribution in the field of science.
19) Special prizes have also been placed to increase the popularity of science.
20) National Science Day calls for the continuous advancement of science in the country.
Under the Ministry of Science and Technology, the National Science Day celebration gives the unique opportunity to thank all the researchers and scientists who have made remarkable contributions in the field of science and technology. The day holds a special significance for our science fraternity who organizes various exhibitions and fairs across the nation and conducts the science-based experiments and activities for the benefit of humanity. The celebration of National Science Day acts as a great motivation to our young generation who want to contribute to the nation-building through their competency and talent.