Word Day of Social Justice is celebrated every year to raise public awareness about the principles of social justice which help in eradicating the problems and issues of humanity like poverty, discrimination, illiteracy, unemployment at the global level. American Labour Organization, International Labour Organization and United Nations in the 24th session of UN general assembly passed the resolution to observe 20th February as the World Day of Social Justice.
Ten Lines on World Day of Social Justice in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on World Day of Social Justice in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can use these lines in your assignments, essays or paragraphs writing in your exam or any competition. It will help you to know about World Day of Social Justice in detail.
10 Lines on World Day of Social Justice
1) World Day of Social Justice is celebrated every year on 20th February with an aim to promote social justice around the world.
2) It is celebrated to create awareness about the importance of peaceful and prosperous coexistence of humanity.
3) Social Justice ensures the principle of natural justice which means unfavoured rulings in terms of wealth, opportunities and status within society.
4) World Day of Social Justice aims to inspire the international community for the employment generation, poverty eradication and gender equity.
5) Every year government, NGOs and civil communities jointly hold awareness programme on various issues like illiteracy, inequality on the occasion of World Day of Social Justice.
6) United Nations and International Labour office conduct various programs to mark the occasion.
7) As an ordinary citizen, we can raise the awareness among the people about social justice and its importance in attaining peace and prosperity.
8) Every year, the day is celebrated around the globe with a theme in order to focus attention of public about the importance of social justice.
9) World Day of Social Justice 2019 theme was “If you want peace and development, work for social justice”.
10) Nations around the globe organize various events like lectures, panel discussions, seminars, conferences to celebrate World Day of Social Justice.
10 Lines and Sentences on World Day of Social Justice
1) The World Day of Social Justice celebration was started by United Nations General Assembly in the year 2007.
2) As a volunteer for nation, we can join the NGOs which are working in the areas of social justice on the occasion of World Day of Social Justice.
3) Social justice and human rights have common goals hence it is necessary to protect the human rights in order to promote the principles of social justice.
4) World Day of Social Justice gives us the unique opportunity to promote self employment, address the concerns of social issues and maintain peace.
5) On the occasion of World Day of Social Justice, policy makers, representatives of trade union and management along with UN officials debate and discuss social issues.
6) Various schools and colleges around the world organize events like quizzes, debates and essay writings for raising awareness about social justice and equality.
7) UN and policy makers of many nations have decided to achieve sustainable development to all by 2040 by eradicating poverty, illiteracy and unemployment.
8) The day reminds us about upholding the principles of social justice which help in removing the obstacles of caste, creed, religion and culture.
9) World Day of Social Justice is observed globally but is not a declared holiday.
10) On this occasion, schools organize debates on childhood poverty, education, employment, human rights and sustainable development.
5 Lines on World Day of Social Justice
1) This day is observed on 20 February.
2) This day promotes social justice.
3) This day is very important for the nation.
4) It also promotes peace and prosperity.
5) It also helps to raise a voice against injustices.
20 Lines on World Day of Social Justice
1) Every year 'World Social Justice Day' is observed on 20th February all over the world.
2) The main theme of 2019’s World Social Justice Day was “If you want Peace & Development, Work for Social Justice”.
3) It is noteworthy that the United Nations General Assembly had announced to celebrate this day in the year 2007.
4) On this occasion, it was announced that World Social Justice Day will be celebrated every year on 20th February.
5) Every year, different functions and activities will be organized in almost all the countries in all over the world.
6) The day is celebrated to promote efforts to tackle various social issues such as boycott, unemployment and poverty.
7) On this occasion, appeals for social justice are issued to the people by various organizations like United Nations and International Labour Organization.
8) According to the United Nations, social justice is an underlying principle for prosperous and peaceful coexistence between countries.
9) Social justice means establishing equal society by forgetting gender, age, religion, disability and culture.
10) The United Nations said that on this day, the international community should work to eradicate poverty.
1) World Social Justice Day is celebrated every year to eliminate discrimination among the people in the world.
12) On this day many kind of programs are organised to make people aware.
13) This day is mainly celebrated every year for the purpose of solving many problems related to race, class, gender, religion, culture, discrimination, unemployment etc.
14) The United Nations and International Labour Organisation are working together to fulfill the objectives of World Social Justice Day.
15) The government of India is also doing many things for social justice step by step with the United Nations.
16) Government organizations like National Human Rights Commission and National Women and Child Development Commission are working day and night against discrimination, poverty, inequality and unemployment.
17) In India Social Justice Day is celebrated on 25thSeptember every year in spite 20thFebruary.
18) Many kinds of competitions are organized in schools and colleges such as essay writing and poster making that explain the importance of this day.
19) The government of India has set up many commissions that work for the interest of social justice.
20) The United Nations appealed that on this day, the international community should work to eradicate poverty, injustice, and discrimination.
Celebrating the World Day of Social Justice every year galvanize the work of international community in eradicating the problems of gender discrimination, poverty, illiteracy, and unemployment. People around the world face many barriers of culture, caste, disability, gender, age and religion. The government, civil communities, NGOs and citizens should work in collaboration to promote the social justice in order to break the barriers of caste, creed and culture faced by people in day to day life. Social justice is the principle for peaceful and prosperous coexistence of people from various religious communities.