Gopinath Bordoloi was a well-known figure of Assam. He was a freedom fighter, political activist, socialite, a lawyer and above all he was the first Chief Minister of Assam after India got its independence in 1950. Gopinath Bordoloi was a staunch supporter of Gandhiji and he also took part in every major movement which was started by Gandhiji.
He participated in the movements like non-cooperation and quit India movement and also took it to the people of Assam. Gopinath Bordoloi was called as ‘Lokapriya’ meaning ‘dear to all’. Since he was a true Gandhian, he always adopted the teachings of Gandhiji throughout his life.
Ten Lines on Gopinath Bordoloi in English
We have provided ten lines on Gopinath Bordoloi in English for class 3, class 4, class 5 and class 6. After reading these lines you will know as who is Gopinath Bordoloi, who was the first Chief Minister of Assam, by which name Gopinath Bordoloi was called, when Gopinath Bordoloi was born, when Gopinath Bordoloi joined congress, when Bordoloi was died etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Gopinath Bordoloi as well as related topics like facts on Gopinath Bordoloi, Gopinath Bordoloi and Assam or few lines on Gopinath Bordoloi etc.
10 Lines on Gopinath Bordoloi – Set 1
1) Gopinath Bordoloi was an Indian freedom fighter and great political activist.
2) He also served as the first Chief Minister of Assam after Indian freedom.
3) Bordoloi was also known as “Lokapriya” which means ‘loved by all people’.
4) He was born on 10th June 1890 in Raha located in Guwahati, Assam.
5) He completed his matriculation in 1907 from Cotton College, Calcutta.
6) Gopinath was also a qualified lawyer and was practicing law in Guwahati.
7) He joined Indian National Congress in Assam as volunteer in 1921.
8) While taking part in non-cooperation movement in 1922, he was also arrested.
9) Bordoloi is considered as the leader who protected Assam from getting separated.
10) Gopinath Bordoloi died on 5th August, 1950 in Guwahati, serving as the Chief Minister.
We have provided another set of ten points on Gopinath Bordoloi for class 9, class 10, class 11 and class 12. After going through these points, you will find that who gave the name Lokapriya to Bordoloi, who were the parents of Gopinath Bordoloi, when did he completed his post graduation, when he joined non-cooperation movement, when he participated in quit India movement etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Gopinath Bordoloi and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Gopinath Bordoloi – Set 2
1) Gopinath Bordoloi was an eminent politician and an Indian independence activist who made his efforts in getting Assam united with India.
2) He was the first Chief Minister of Assam and the Governor of Assam, Mr. Jayram Das Doulatram conferred him with the title ‘Lokapriya’.
3) He was born in Guwahati, Assam to parents ‘Buddheswar Bordoloi’ and ‘Praneswari Bordoloi’.
4) Bordoloi passed his intermediate examination with 1st division in 1909 and got admission in Scottish Church College and graduated in 1911.
5) He passed his MA examination from University of Calcutta in 1914 and he also studied law for three years and started practicing as a lawyer.
6) In 1920, He joined the non-cooperation movement after getting influenced by Gandhiji and also started revolution in Assam.
7) In 1934, Gopinath Bordoloi was elected as the chairman of Guwahati Municipality and became very popular through his work.
8) In 1942, he participated in Quit India Movement on the call of Gandhiji and started agitation in Assam also and was jailed up to 1945.
9) After independence of India, Gopinath became the first Chief Minister of Assam and contributed lot in the welfare and integrity of Assam with India.
10) Bordoloi received highly prestigious award ‘Bharat Ratna’ posthumously in 1999 and International Airport of Assam has been named after him.
Bordoloi was such a strong leader that when India was getting independent along
with Pakistan, then there was an issue of keeping Assam with India. Gopinath
Bordoloi started working closely with Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, the then Home Minister
of India and integrated Assam with India. Bordoloi became first Chief Minister
of Assam but he didn’t leave his practice of bringing peace and harmony in the
society as well as in country, that’s why he was called as ‘Lokapriya.