Gopal Krishna Gokhale was a leading freedom fighter as well as a social reformer of India. He is always known for the contributions which he has made to the society. He was a believer of moderate views where he always insisted to promote dialogue process with the British government.
He also believed that Indians should get maximum representation in the political and every field. He always advocated for the reforms in the constitution. Gokhale joined congress on the advice of justice Ranade and became a prominent figure in Indian National Congress. He always carried out his social reforms along with freedom struggle and campaigned for ‘swaraj’ or self rule for India.
Ten Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale in English
We have provided ten lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale in English for class 3, class 4, class 5 and class 6. After reading these lines you will know that who is Gopal Krishna Gokhale, which party Gokhale joined, when Gokhale was born, in which institutions did Gokhale received his education, when Gokhale founded Servants of India Society etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Gopal Krishna Gokhale as well as facts on Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Gokhale in India’s freedom struggle, Gokhale and moderates or few lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale etc.
10 Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale – Set 1
1) Gopal Krishna Gokhale was a freedom fighter, political leader and social reformer.
2) He was one of the senior leaders of Indian National Congress.
3) Gokhale was born on 9th May 1866 in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra.
4) He received his education from Rajaram College in Kolhapur.
5) Gopal Krishna Gokhale did his graduation in 1884 from Elphinstone College, Mumbai.
6) He joined congress in 1905 influenced by a socialite named Mahadev Govind Ranade.
7) Gokhale was of moderate nature and advocated for dialogue process with Britishers.
8) He founded Servants Society of India in 1905 for the upliftment of the poor.
9) When congress was divided into two parts, Gokhale decided to support the moderate wing.
10) Gopal Krishna Gokhale died on 19th February 1915 in Bombay due to bad health status.
We have provided another set of ten points on Gopal Krishna Gokhale for class 9, class 10, class 11 and class12. After going through these points, you will find that which wing did Gopal Krishna Gokhale represented, who were the parents of Gokhale, who influenced Gokhale, Gokhale was secretary of which organisation, whom Gandhiji believed as his guru etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Gopal Krishna Gokhale and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale – Set 2
1) Gopal Krishna Gokhale was a freedom fighter, a social reformer who always stood for the upliftment of the poor and had moderate view by nature.
2) He was a senior leader of the Indian National Congress and represented the moderate wing of it.
3) Gokhale was born in Kotluk village in Ratnagiri district; his father was ‘Krishna Rao Gokhale’ and his mother was ‘Valu Bai’.
4) When Gokhale was a student, he came close to western political thinkers like John Stuart Mill, Edmund Burke etc.
5) During his education, he also came under the influence of a social reformer named Mahadev Govind Ranade for doing social work.
6) Gokhale was the secretary of ‘Poona Sarvajanik Sabha’ from 1890 to 1895 which was founded by Justice Ranade.
7) He met Gandhiji in 1896 and this meeting influenced Gandhiji that he accepted Gopal Krishna Gokhale as his political guru.
8) In June of 1905, Gopal Krishna Gokhale founded Servants of India Society to address the issues of Indian national interests by peaceful means.
9) Gokhale was also concerned with the issues which were being faced by the Indians in South Africa.
10) On having differences on the working style with Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Gokhale, congress was divided into two groups’ viz. extremists and moderates.
We have provided below the third set of Ten Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale, a freedom Fighter and mentor of Mahatma Gandhi. From these points you will get all the information about his political life and contribution in Indian freedom struggle.
These facts through the set of Ten Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale will also useful for the students. These points can be used to make their writings attractive and comprehensive. Some of these facts are so important that they may be useful in competitive examinations as a source of history.
10 Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale – Set 3
1) Gopal Krishna Gokhale was a senior leader of the Indian National Congress.
2) Gandhiji considered him his political mentor.
3) Apart from being a political leader, he was also a social reformer.
4) He founded an institution called the ‘Servants of India Society’ which was dedicated to the interests of the common people.
5) Gopal Krishna was one of the initial few Indians who received a college education.
6) He had a good knowledge of English, due to which he was able to express himself without hesitation and utmost clarity.
7) The knowledge and understanding of history helped him to understand the importance of freedom, democracy and parliamentary system.
8) Gopal Krishna Gokhale entered social life in 1886 at the age of 20.
9) He gave a public speech on "India under British rule" which was highly appreciated.
10) Gopal Krishna Gokhale's contribution to the country's independence and nation building is invaluable.
Another set of Ten Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale has been bestowed here under for the perusal of the avid readers for their use. Through these points you will learn some spectacular things in his work done for the country. Through these lines you will also know his character as a liberal leader who believed in winning the opponent not in defeating them.
Students may take advantage of this set of Ten Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale for their writing task stipulated in their academics. They may use these facts in writing his biography as well as in essays, short notes, articles etc.
10 Lines on Gopal Krishna Gokhale – Set 4
1) India's great freedom fighter Gopal Krishna Gokhale was a liberal as well as a true nationalist and coordinator leader.
2) Gokhale explained the importance of education to the people and founded the 'Bharat Sevak Samiti' on 12 June 1905 to prepare the national campaigners to serve the nation.
3) He consulted with Gandhiji in South Africa and encouraged Gandhiji to return to India and supported him.
4) In 1902, Gokhale was elected a member of the 'Imperial Legislative Council'.
5) During this time, he raised the issue of salt tax, compulsory primary education and for giving more space to Indians in government jobs.
6) Today, when there is a debate between 'Make in India' and 'Make for India' in the whole country, Gokhale was the first person who emphasized the idea of Swadeshi at that time.
7) Along with being a great freedom fighter and a good politician, Gopal Krishna Gokhale was also a good professor of mathematics.
8) He also made several efforts to improve the country's economy and the poor condition of the Indian people.
9) In 1904, due to his services, he was appointed as CIA (Companion of the Order of the Indian Empire) in the New Year Honour List by the British Government.
10) Gopal Krishna Gokhale was a freedom fighter who was full of patriotism and dedicated his entire life in the development of India.
Gopal Krishna Gokhale was not only a freedom fighter, but he was a social reformer who always tried to bring equality in the society. He was the ardent follower of Justice Ranade. Gokhale also became the secretary of Poona Sarvajanik Sabha and also started Servants of India Society where he used to raise issues and problems faced by the Indians. On the invitation of Gandhiji, Gokhale also went to South Africa for demanding Indian representation in the political system there.