Good manners can be described as behaviour of a person with other people, with courtesy and politeness. Good manners transform a human being into a civilized human being. Good manners define a behavioural pattern which is socially accounted and acceptable as well as respected. Teaching good manners to the children is a process which is nearly associated with the overall development of their personality.
Child first learns manners at home through his elders, he sees them while they are present in the home, from the instructions and examples which we give to him, a basic understanding is developed in his mind that how should I behave and interact with others.
Ten Lines on Good Manners in English
We are giving 10 lines on good manners in English. After going through these lines, you will be able to understand about need for having good manners. It will also help you in writing your essay and paragraph in exam or in any competition.
10 Lines on Good Manners – Set 1
1) Good manners tell us how we must behave with others in a respectful and a polite way.
2) It includes our thinking, behaviour, gesture and way of talking with others.
3) It converts a normal human being into a civilized well-being or a nobleman.
4) Good manners are inculcated in the children at a very young age.
5) While teaching good manners to children, always quote examples, as examples are the best way to make them learn.
6) Always stand and greet when someone comes to your home and at the time when he leaves.
7) Always ask “May I” before taking something from someone and always reply with “Please” if someone asks to take something from you.
8) When someone offers something to you, in order to greet him reply with “Thank You”.
9) When a child wants to say something, before that say “Excuse Me”, never interrupt two persons while they are talking.
10) Don’t try to impose your opinion on others, respect their opinion and listen to them also.
We have provided another set of lines on good manners so that after reading, you will be able to inculcate good manners in yourself. Furthermore, you can add these lines in your speech and extempore while participating in a competition.
10 Lines on Good Manners – Set 2
1) Before entering into somebody’s room always knock the door as it is also considered a good manner.
2) When you have done some mistake; then always say “Sorry” to apologize to others.
3) Look for any kind of opportunity or occasion to compliment others; it helps you in having healthy relationships.
4) Always share your things with others, this shows how caring you are for others.
5) There is a general perception to ‘give respect and take respect’ i.e. treat others in that manner so that you get the same treatment from others.
6) Having food together with your family is a good manner, as some table manners are related with this and by doing so a child will learn those manners.
7) Shake hands and say “Hello” to others or “Namaste” to the elders whenever you meet them.
8) While talking to others don’t be harsh, be calm and polite with them and always talk good.
9) If you want to go out, ask your parents for permission and if they allow you to go then only you proceed, it also applies with your teachers in school.
10) You must try to be obedient and always follow what your parents are asking you to do.
Below we are providing 3rd Set 10 Lines on Good Manners. These special points have been written in simple language so that you can easily present them in your school/college functions or other relevant occasions. These few lines have been written effectively to help you gain applause from family and friends.
10 Lines on Good Manners – Set 3
1) Good manners refer to how you make others feel good, loved and respected.
2) Saying please, thank you, you first, sorry and good morning are some of the good manners.
3) Any person acting in a socially acceptable way is known to possess good manners.
4) Giving up your bus seat to the elderly is a kind of good manner.
5) Holding/opening the door for someone in restaurant/office/school is also a good manner.
6) Listening politely and speaking only when the other person is finished, is a good manner.
7) Different situations demand different types of good manners as per the situation.
8) Not talking loudly and always talking in polite voice is a good manner.
9) Helping others in need, like helping a blind man to cross the road is a good manner.
10) Never bullying, making fun or harassing anyone is a good manner.
Below we have provided 4th set of 10 Lines on Good Manners. You can use these facts in your class or school functions. These few lines have been specially written to make them easily memorable and understandable.
10 Lines on Good Manners – Set 4
1) Good manners are very essential qualities for a person to be socially acceptable.
2) Good manners make a person to be loved and respected by friends, family and others.
3) We must practice good manners everyday so that they become a habit.
4) Good manners make you more popular and acceptable by an individual or the society.
5) Never interrupting a conversation between two people is a good manner.
6) Always saying sorry when you have unknowingly harmed or hurt them, is also a good manner.
7) Thanking God before taking food is a good table manner.
8) Waiting for everyone to be served the meal, before start eating, is also a good table manner.
9) Eating with your lips closed and always passing on food to others is a good table manner.
10) Good manners are like your gateway to the society and social recognition.
By adopting good manners, one can bring a change in his personality and will attract others also. Having good manners helps you to make friends and brighten the atmosphere. Good manners give you success in your life as they are more important to be successful because people will soon forget how successful you are, but will remember how you behaved with them.