Earth is our mother planet which provides habitat to millions of species of plants and animals. Earth is the only planet that has atmosphere in the entire solar system. Earth’s atmosphere nourishes life and protects it from harmful UV rays and meteorites. Earth is our planet and we should take all the necessary steps to maintain the continuity of life. As a responsible person, we should participate in volunteering the activities that would make our earth a sustainable planet for future generations.
Ten Lines on Earth in English
We are providing 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Earth in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph writing in your exams as well as in the school competitions. So, let's start reading and getting the one best for you:
10 Lines on Earth
1) Earth is one of the eight planets of our solar system that revolves around the sun.
2) Earth is the only known planet supporting life in the entire solar system.
3) Many scientists claim that earth is supposed to be 4.5 billion years old.
4) Around 73% of the surface of the earth is covered with water.
5) Earth has an atmosphere containing 21% oxygen which helps in the survival of living beings.
6) The gases like nitrogen, CO2, and oxygen in earth’s atmosphere help plants to grow.
7) Earth‘s rocky surface known as the crust is made up of silicon, aluminum, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium and magnesium.
8) Earth is spheroid in shape and is larger than other planets like Mercury, Venus, and Mars.
9) Earth completes its orbit around the sun in 365.256 days which creates leap year once in 4 years.
10) The earth is a habitat for the millions of species of plants and animals.
10 Lines and Sentences on Earth
1) The coldest place on earth is Antarctica and the hottest place in Libya.
2) Earth provides us air, water, food and shelter to live.
3) It is our moral responsibility to protect our earth from pollution and global warming.
4) We should not waste natural resources like coal, water, and minerals found on earth.
5) Conservation of natural resources is important for the sustainability of planet earth.
6) More than 7 billion people are currently residing on planet earth.
7) Earth Day is observed every year on 22nd April in order to protect the environment.
8) Earth generates a powerful magnetic field due to its rotation and iron core.
9) Only 3% of the earth’s water is freshwater rest 97 percent of water is saline in nature.
10) Earth’s only natural satellite is the moon which revolves around the earth.
5 Lines on Earth
2) It is the only planet supporting life.
3) Earth is bigger than Mars, Mercury, and Venus.
4) It is covered with 71% of water.
5) It is also called the blue planet.
20 Lines on Earth
1) Earth is a planet of Sun which is also called Blue Planet because of the availability of water and it looks blue when observed from the space.
2) The entire surface area of the Earth is 510,072,000 sq km, of which the land area is approx. 148,940,000 sq km and the aquatic area is about 361,132,000 sq km.
3) 97% of the water on the earth is saline or not potable and only 3% is clean water which mankind uses for their need.
4) Only 11 percent of the Earth's terrain is used to produce food i.e. in agriculture.
5) The Earth is tilted at an angle of 23.50 on its own axis and due to this inclination of the earth, the weather changes.
6) There is a very dense atmosphere around the Earth and it contains about 78.09% nitrogen, 20.91% oxygen and 1% other gases.
7) On the surface of the earth, there are huge mountains, somewhere rugged plateau and fertile plains are found elsewhere.
8) The surface of the Earth constantly changes during time period due to plate tectonics and erosion.
9) Changes at the bottom due to plate tectonics have an effect on weather, rainfall, heat cycle and chemical changes.
10) These changes occur on the surface due to many factors such as freezing, coastal erosion, formation of coral reefs and large meteor bodies falling on the earth.
11) According to Indian mythology, the name Prithvi is derived from the legend king Maharajah (his Highness) Prithu.
12) In English, it is also known as Earth.
13) The word 'Earth' has been taken from the German language which means 'ground'.
14) Earth is the 5th largest planet in size and is the only planet in the solar system that has life.
15) The planet Earth was formed about 4.54 billion years ago and life started to develop hereafter one billion years of this event.
16) Earth's radius is about 6,371 kilometers and is the fifth largest body in the solar system by size.
17) The Earth is located approximately 150 million kilometers from the Sun and this distance is known as Astronomical Unit.
18) It takes about 8.3 minutes for sunlight to reach the Earth.
19) The Earth completes a circle around the Sun in an elliptical path in 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 45.51 seconds, which is called its rotational motion.
20) On 22nd April 1970, the first Earth Day was celebrated in America and after this day is celebrated as Earth Day all over the world.
Earth is the only planet that supports life. Earth gives us all the necessary things like food, water, the shelter needed for the survival of life. Hence, it is our prime responsibility to protect the earth by saving greenery and the environment. We should not waste natural resources in abundance for our own greed. As a human being, we should volunteer for the activities that help in reducing pollution and global warming thereby making it a sustainable planet to live.