Maharana Pratap is considered to be the most valiant warriors in Indian History. He was the king of Mewar but there was no one like him in skills and power all over India at that time. When Emperor Akbar asked Pratap to merge Mewar in Mughal Sultanate, Maharana Pratap refused and opted to have a battle rather than the agreement. The battle of Haldighati was the result of that disagreement and what was its consequence, we will read with the help of the given set.
Ten Lines on Battle of Haldighati in English
We are providing a set of 10 lines on the Battle of Haldighati.
These few important and selected points about facts and information are created in easy language and with basic key-words.
So that the reader of any age should not be confused or might face any problem while reading these lines. So let’s start reading the provided set.
10 Lines on Battle of Haldighati – Set 1
1) The Battle of Haldighati was fought in year 1576 but it is still not clear whether it took place on 18th June or 21st June.
2) It was a battle between Maharana Pratap of Mewar and the Mughal Army of Akbar.
3) Maan Singh 1st of Aamer was leading Mughal Army in this Battle.
4) Maharana Pratap had half the soldiers in comparison to that of the Akbar‘s Army and also they did not have advanced weapons like the latter.
5) The Battle of Haldighati lasted for four hours.
6) The battle was fought in the Haldighati of the Aravali hill near Gogunda.
7) Salim could have been killed by Pratap if he had not worn a suit of thick iron sheet.
8) Pratap had a horse ‘Chetak’ that supported Pratap during every moment in the war zone.
9) Shakti Singh was the brother of Maharana Pratap and he cheated on him revealing his secrets to Mughal Army.
10) The Battle of Haldighati ended in the favour of Mughal and they got control over Mewar, Chittaud, Kumbalgadh and Gogunda.
We have created another set of 10 points on The Battle of Haldighati. This set is created with some more facts and information that will be useful for the reader. The given few points are prepared in easy language and will be helpful for students of lower classes and also upper classes to gain information and prepare an essay, speech, article or any other project. So read all the points clearly and understand them well.
10 Lines on Battle of Haldighati – Set 2
1) Salim who was the son of Akbar and the successor of Delhi also participated in this Battle.
2) Pratap’s army had 3,000 cavalry and 400 Bhal archers while Mughal army had 5000-10000 soldiers.
3) Due to inequalities between the two armies, Rana opted for a full frontal attack on the Mughal, killing many of his people.
4) The Mewar did not use cannons whereas the Mughal army had advanced cannons placed on their camels.
5) Pratap had the glorious crown of Mewar on his head that is why the Mughal Army was only targeting him.
6) Jhala Sardar Mannaji proceeded rapidly and lifted the crown from Pratap's head and kept it on his head so that Pratap get a chance to run away.
7) Assuming that he is the king, The Mughal Army killed Jhala Sardar Mannaji and thus he proved his loyalty to Maharana Pratap.
8) Man Singh sacrificed his life and protected the king of Mewar Maharana Pratap.
9) In this entire war, the Rajput army was performing better over the Mughal and their strategies were getting successful.
10) The entire feat of Rajput failed in front of the large enemy equipped with plain artillery guns and gunmen.
A historian of Rajasthan Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma has recently researched and found that the famous Battle of Haldighati was not won by Akbar but the in reality it was won by Maharana Pratap. According to him, for the next one year after the Battle, Pratap issued copper letters to the land leases of villages around Haldighati. At that time, only king had the right to issue land leases so there must be the victory of Maharana Pratap in the Battle. Many other historians of Mewar also agree with this incident.