Baisakhi is one of the most popular festivals of India. It is mostly celebrated by the Sikh and Hindu communities with full excitement and festivity. Baisakhi is the start of New Sikh Year and it also marks the formation of “Khalsa Panth” under Sri Guru Gobind Singh. It is also celebrated marking the start of harvest season in Punjab.
It is considered as a way to thank god for his blessing for good harvest. People visit Gurudwaras and offer prayers to God and distribute prasad amongst them. People celebrate Baisakhi with full enthusiasm and excitement and dance around the bonfire in the evening celebrations.
Ten Lines on Baisakhi
Below are the 10 lines on the Baisakhi festival which will help you to understand the festival and facts around its celebration. This will help you in writing essay in your exams and also in preparing an effective speech on the occasion of Baisakhi. The language is easy to understand and effective in deliverance which will help you make your audience understand the importance of this auspicious occasion:
10 Lines on Baisakhi – 1
1) Baisakhi is the one of the important festivals celebrated by Sikh and Hindu communities.
2) It mostly falls on the 13th or 14th April every year and is observed as a regional holiday.
3) Baisakhi is also celebrated to mark the start of the harvest season of the Rabi crop.
4) It also commemorates the formation of the Khalsa panth by Guru Gobind Singh in 1699.
5) Baisakhi is the festival of joy and happiness and major celebrations takes place in Punjab.
6) The festival starts with the Bhangra and Gidda performance by men and women.
7) Wrestling bouts are also organized at various places to enjoy the festivity of this day.
8) Baisakhi Melas are very common on this day and children are very excited to visit theses places.
9) People distribute Karah Prasad, a sacred dish made from semolina, on Baisakhi to spread happiness and joy.
10) Baisakhi is the festival which spreads peace, harmony and courage.
We have provided an additional set of 10 lines on the topic so that you can amplify your knowledge on Baisakhi thus helping in writing an effective essay, speech or paragraph recitation in your classes. The points given below are unique and different from the above one thus helping you to enhance your essays and speeches. Please go through the below lines and help to spread the joy of Baisakhi:
10 Lines on Baisakhi - 2
1) Baisakhi is the celebrated to mark the start of Sikh New year and harvest season.
2) Guru Gobind Singh chose the auspicious day of Baisakhi for the formation of Khalsa Panth in 1699.
3) Baisakhi is celebrated all over India though with different names and customs.
4) Assam celebrates Rangoli Bihu, West Bengal as Naba Barsha whereas Kerala celebrates Vishu.
5) Bhangra and Gidda performance by men and women are the eye catching events of Baisakhi.
6) People also pay tribute to the martyrs of Jallianwala Bagh who sacrificed their life for the country on this very day.
7) The Golden Temple is highly decorated on Baisakhi and the beauty of this temple, especially at night, is very mesmerizing.
8) Taking a dip in the sacred Amrit Sarovar at Golden Temple on Baisakhi is believed to cure people and wash their bad karmas.
9) Baisakhi at the Golden Temple also becomes significant because it was the place where Guru Gobind Singh laid the foundation of the Khalsa Panth.
10) Baisakhi is celebrated with dance, music and enjoyment and commemorates the virtue of our great gurus and saints.
Baisakhi celebration especially in Punjab is very fascinating and colorful. Tourists from all over the world visit Punjab on the occasion of Baisakhi to witness the true color of the festivity and celebration and cherish the enjoyment for a lifetime.