We need food to stay alive and active and to do our work with complete efficiency. If I ask the source of our food, you will probably say its 'Agriculture' which provides us with food. But it is not all about agriculture. There are many other things to know about agriculture which we will know through the sets of 10 lines below.
Ten Lines on Agriculture in English
I have provided below some sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Agriculture for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Also, I have given video and text images on Agriculture to help you more on the topic. You can read and select the one that is best for you:
10 Lines on Agriculture
1) Agriculture comprises of cultivation of crops for food and fodder.
2) Agriculture plays a significant role in the Indian economy as the main source of food.
3) Dairy, poultry, fisheries etc. come under animal husbandry, a sub-sector of agriculture.
4) Scientific research and improved farming techniques helped India to achieve the Green revolution and attain a self-reliant status in terms of food production.
5) India is the second-largest producer of wheat and paddy in the world.
6) India is also the world largest exporter of spices, primarily exporting ginger, cardamom, curry powder, tamarind, fennel etc.
7) Uttar Pradesh is the largest producer of wheat and sugarcane in India.
8) Climate change and pollution have adversely affected the quality and yield of agriculture produce.
9) Climate change has to lead to a 1.5% decline in the Indian GDP.
10) Agriculture is the prime source of food production, and any mistake in it can adversely affect the food supply and our normal course of life.
10 Lines and Sentences on Agriculture
1) Agriculture is the major source of occupation and significant contributor in the Indian economy.
2) Rice and Wheat, the major food staples of the world come from agriculture.
3) Rice cultivation in China dates back to 5700 BC.
4) China is the largest producer of rice, with 195 million metric tons of production.
5) Agriculture also acts as a source of raw material to many industries like textiles, oil & sugar mills, rubber industries etc.
6) There are many festivals celebrated in India which relate to agriculture like Baisakhi, Lohri, Onam, Pongal, Ugadi etc.
7) Tube wells, Canal, River, and Drip etc. are the major source of irrigation for agriculture.
8) The advent of new technologies has helped the farmers to increase production by decreasing the cost.
9) Biotechnology and tissue culture, with hybridization, have provided farmers with many good varieties of crops.
10) Apart from high yield, hybridization helps the crops to sustain extreme weather conditions leading to increased profit to the farmers.
5 Lines on Agriculture
1) Process of growing crops is agriculture.
2) India is an agricultural country.
3) It has a great contribution to the Indian economy.
4) Agriculture is the source of food.
5) It provides employment to a large population.
20 Lines on Agriculture
1) Agriculture is an art and a process of producing grains through various tools and live stocks.
2) Agriculture plays a vital role in smoothly running the economy of India and many other countries.
3) A successful agriculture requires a good quality of seeds, fertilizers, pesticides etc.
4) Use of effective tools on appropriate time is very important in agriculture.
5) There should be a good post harvesting technology to best care of harvested crop.
6) The modern agriculture is way far different than the agriculture in older days.
7) The Agricultural Chemistry is a subject that teaches us the art of agriculture.
8) A ‘Green Revolution’ was started in late 20th century to bring revolutionary changes in Agriculture.
9) Agriculture is a great source of employment for the rural population in India.
10) There is a huge ratio of Indian Population to be involved in Agriculture.
11) India is primarily an agriculture-based country.
12) Agriculture is to satisfy the need for food of the people.
13) The art of agriculture is also famous with the name of ‘Farming’.
14) The 20th century has brought a lot of changes in agricultural tools and techniques.
15) Agriculture involves preparing soil, sowing, adding fertilizers and manures, irrigation, harvesting and finally storage.
16) Agriculture has a major impact on the GDP (Gross Domestic Products) of the country.
17) Agriculture provides raw materials to many industries like Palm Oil, Soya, Cocoa, Peat etc.
18) Food is the basic need of human beings that only farming/agriculture can satisfy.
19) Agriculture in India is lasting from the era of ‘Indus Valley Civilization’.
20) India is the 2nd largest agricultural country in the world after the United States.
The government should take steps to help farmers and focus on agriculture so that the farmers of the nation can grow. Agriculture is the foundation of social as well as economic development. Be it a festival or any auspicious occasion our social life highly influences by agriculture. After all, it provides us with food that is the most important element for human survival.