Ants are the small insects belonging to the Formicidae species family, with presence across the globe except for Antarctica and some of the remote islands. With more than 13000 species worldwide, ants are the strongest insects. 'Ant' is such a topic reading about which will fetch both fun and knowledge. Since it is an interesting topic, we have provided some sets of 10 points on 'Ant' below. You can read them and note down the important facts according to your need.
Ten Lines on Ant
1) There are more than 1000 species of ants, including black ants, Fire ants, Garden ants etc.
2) The lifespan of average ant is 15 years; however, queen ants can have a span of up to 30 years.
3) The colonies of Ants can enrich the soil to helps plants to grow.
4) A queen ant can mate with winged male ant and lay eggs in large numbers.
5) Ants are largely omnivorous eating insects, dead animals, and nectar.
6) They communicate via sounds and chemical signals.
7) Ants are aggressive, and they attack to defend by biting and stinging.
8) They form a group in which the queen Ant remains a leader and other Ants followers.
9) Apart from forming the colonies on land, some of the species of ants can build nests on trees.
10) Ants release some chemical which helps other ants in following them.
1) Ants collect and store a large amount of food for their colonies.
2) The unique navigation technique of ants allows them to travel in the night also.
3) Ants take oxygen in through the holes present on their skin.
4) They hear by sensing ground vibrations due to the lack of the ears.
5) Ants have two stomachs, one for preserving food and the other one for holding food for other ants.
6) The natural predators of ant are beetles, caterpillars, lizards and birds.
7) A study from American universities has found that ants had evolved 150 million years ago during the age of dinosaurs.
8) If the queen of the colony dies, the whole colony gets doomed in a month or a year.
9) Some fire ants have toxic venom which contains compound for treating the skin problem.
10) Ants in Africa help in the cultivation of seeds of the herbal tea and citrus.
Ants play a very important role in our environment; however, they can be harmful sometimes and can create economic losses. They also have a significant role in science and technology because scientists have invented lots of theories on optimization and robotics by analyzing their behaviour pattern.