Fish is the aquatic animal belonging to the category of “phylum chordata” vertebrates which also includes reptiles, amphibians, birds and mammals, with presence in all across the globe including Antarctica. Fishes are the most common species among all the other vertebrates because of the presence of the ocean which comprises of 70% of the earth surface. With more than 25000 species worldwide fishes are considered an integral part of marine ecosystem as they help in preserving the nutrients in many water bodies by storing, transferring and excreting it in a cycle.
Ten Lines on Fish in English
Here, I’m providing 10 lines, 5 lines, few lines and sentences on Fish for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in form of sets. This topic is very useful for everyone who wants to know about Fish in detail within less time.
10 Lines on Fish
1) There are more than 20000 species of fish including groups of Jawless fish, bony fish and sharks with varying size, shape and colours.
2) Lifespan of average fish is 20 years. Wels catfish has longest life span of 60 years and weight is around 170 kg.
3) Fish prefer to be in groups known as shoal. A shoal can contain millions of fish.
4) The process in which group of fish are swimming in the same direction is known as schooling.
5) Fishes form large number of groups and reproduce by releasing large quantities of eggs and sperm (females and males) in to the water and would ensure the fertilization of eggs.
6) There are few species like sharks which develop their eggs internally and release the eggs only after the fertilization which would further gets hatched to the larvae.
7) Fish can lay thousands of eggs at a time however very few would reach to maturity.
8) Fishes use different variety of noises for communication. They make very low pitch sounds and also use body parts like muscle vibration and bladder.
9) Fishes are mostly carnivorous, eating insects and other small fishes, only few of the species are herbivorous and their diet includes weeds and sea plants.
10) Fishes play a very important role in various cultures. They have the symbolic meaning in different religions and are worshiped as deities.
10 Lines and Sentences on Fish
1) Fishes have evolved 500 million years ago even before the existence of dinosaurs on planet earth.
2) Fishes navigate with the help of typical sensory organ which acts like radar.
3) Sharks, one of the most dangerous species of fish do not have air bladder. They swim continuously or take rest at the bottom of the sea.
4) Fishes have gills on both sides .Gills have very complex structure known as filament that help in respiration (exchange of oxygen and CO2).
5) Fish would suffocate and die in water if there is not enough oxygen present in it.
6) Fishes have the taste buds all over the body almost around 25000 compared to humans who have around 6500.
7) Fishes like white shark can vary their body temperatures (low to high) to catch the prey.
8) Fishes in ocean might contain harmful and hazardous chemicals like mercury due to water pollution.
9) Humans make fish farm to breed varieties of fish like salmon, tuna and cod.
10) In Hindu mythology fishes are considered as Avatar of Lord Vishnu as “Matsya”.
5 Lines on Fish
1) Fish is an aquatic animal.
2) They can’t live without water.
3) There are of different sizes.
4) They have gills to breathe.
5) Fish is a healthy food for us.
20 Lines on Fish
1) Fish is an aquatic organism that spends its whole life in water.
2) It is the most diverse creatures on earth with more than 30000 species.
3) It is found in both fresh and saltwater bodies.
4) Fish utilize the oxygen dissolved in water for breathing.
5) It is a cold-blooded organism and therefore its body temperature changes according to the environment.
6) Fish is of different colors and sizes depending upon their species.
7) Streamlined body, gills, fins for swimming, and tail fin are the body features of a fish.
8) Fish reproduce by releasing the eggs and sperm in the water bodies.
9) The offspring of the fish are called larvae.
10) Fish from ancient times are of immense religious importance.
11) Fish is a creature that has adaptability in every type of water habitat.
12) The science related to the study of fishes is called Ichthyology.
13) Fishes have been inhabiting earth since 500 million years ago.
14) Fish communicate by producing different types of sounds and body movements.
15) Dwarf Minnow found in the swamp forest of Southeast Asia is the smallest fish in the world.
16) The body color of many fishes helps them for defense mechanism from predators.
17) Fish is mostly used in laboratories for conducting experiments and researches.
18) It is hunted by human beings mainly for eating purposes.
19) Fish is considered auspicious in the culture of the state of West Bengal in India.
20) Excessive hunting and water pollution are cause for the extinction of fish.
Fishes play a very important role in the world’s economy because they are the main source of food across the globe. Fishery is considered to be the biggest profitable business worldwide providing source of livelihood to millions of people around the world. In many developing nations, the government provide an aid to set up fish farming ponds in villages, as a part of project for self-employment.
Many of the species of fish are in great danger due to water pollution, overfishing, and habitat destruction (damage to the marine and aquatic habitat by industrial waste like plastics, lead, and mercury). Government and society at large should play an important role in curbing the pollution of aquatic and marine wildlife by taking concrete steps and measures; like implementing tough laws, supporting NGOs working for the conservation of ocean and other freshwater bodies, etc.