Bears are the mammals belonging to the category of “Carnivora” which also include wolf, lions, tigers, leopards and other 280 species. Bears have presence all across the globe including even Antarctica. The scientific family name of the bear is “Ursidae”. Bears are known for their exceptional intelligence, remarkable memory and excellent navigation skills. Unlike other mammals bears are not very social in nature and prefer to live alone.
Ten Lines on Bear in English
Here, I’m providing 10 lines, 5 lines, few lines and sentences on Bear for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in form of sets. This topic is very useful for everyone who wants to know about Bear in detail within less time.
10 Lines on Bear
1) There are many species of bears in the world including Polar Bear, Pizzly and Cave Bears, etc.
2) Mother Bears are very sensitive and caring to their cubs.
3) Lifespan of a bear may vary from species to species. Giant panda can live up to 20 years; however, black bear has the lifespan of 30 to 34 years.
4) The female bear gives birth to 1 to 4 cubs and the surviving cubs would remain with the mother for 2 to 4 years.
5) Bears usually have fear of attacked by the tigers or human.
6) Polar bears are considered to have the warmest fur among all the species of bears across the globe which helps them to fight cold.
7) Bear’s fur and flesh are for what people kill them.
8) In many folk-fares, people treat Bears equal to God.
9) Bears have long, straight claws to climb and can run faster than humans.
10) Most of the species of Bears are on the verge of extinction.
10 Lines and Sentences on Bear
1) Bears are considered to be very emotional animals. Cubs will start crying if they are separated from their mother bears.
2) Bears care for family members a lot and mother bears can risk their own life for saving cubs form danger.
3) Bears hibernate during winter. Bears at higher altitude get into the state of hibernation with reduced heart rates and metabolism due to scarcity of food.
4) Bears communicate through large vocal sounds like groans, roars, growls or barks.
5) Except for humans and tigers which usually attack only bear cubs; bears don’t have a threat from any natural predator.
6) Bears are dying due to hepatitis and many other infections because their bodies are susceptible to many parasites and pathogens.
7) Bears are hunted and poached for their meat and fur and also for entertainment.
8) In some mythologies like Korean and Chinese, the bear is worshipped as a symbol of the god.
9) Many popular cartoon characters are bears- like Winnie the Pooh, Yogi Bear.
10) Six bear species are the most vulnerable and endangered species by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
5 Lines on Bear
1) Bear is a wild animal.
2) It can be black or white.
3) They live in the jungle.
4) Their babies are called cubs.
5) They are omnivores in nature.
20 Lines on Bear
1) Bears are one of the smartest and intelligent mammals on this earth.
2) This heavily weighted mammal belongs to the family Ursidae.
3) The life span of bears is between 25-50 years depending upon different species.
4) Bears use their intelligence power to camouflage and catch their prey.
5) Bears can run very fast despite their heavy-weighted body.
6) They go for hibernation during the season of winter.
7) They have a very good sense of smell.
8) Bears prefer to live a solitary life instead of a family life.
9) Polar bears are the largest species of bear weighing.
10) Bear dance and their performances in circuses are about exploiting wild animals for money by humans.
11) A bear is an animal with thick hair covering its whole body.
12) The different species of bears can be found on both the southern and northern hemispheres of the earth.
13) Heavy body with thick legs, elongated snout, small rounded ears, thick hairs, and short tail are the body features of a common bear.
14) The male bear is larger in size as compared to the female bear.
15) Bears are omnivorous except the polar bear mainly a carnivore and giant panda as a herbivore.
16) Black, Brown, Andean, Panda, Sloth, Asiatic, Polar, Sun bears are the different types of bears in the world.
17) Sun bear is the smallest species of bear weighing 25-60 kg.
18) Bears can easily stand and sit properly on their hind feet.
19) Polar bears are having an extra layer of fat to keep them warm from the chilling cold.
20) Bears are facing the threat of extinction because of a lack of food and habitat.
In today’s world, bears are facing constant threats from humans on their lives, because of two major reasons- encroachment of wild habitats for farming and illegal trade of body parts like furs and meat after hunting or poaching. Bears are becoming more aggressive in poor rural areas and are coming directly into conflict with the humans, sometimes attacking and causing injuries.
Many wildlife conservation laws have been implemented all around the globe in order to protect the habitat of bears. The perception of people towards bears is also very friendly and positive as bears have symbolic meaning too in various cultures, but still, a lot needs to be done in order to protect these most attractive and wonderful species of the planet earth.