Butterflies are mostly available in our garden, and they work for making them look beautiful for sure. Reading about butterflies is worth to have for which we have created some sets of 10 lines and provided below. You should check these sets and evaluate how they can help you and in how many ways. So let’s begin right now.
Ten Lines on Butterfly in English
Here, I’m providing 10 lines, 5 lines, few lines and sentences on Butterfly for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in form of sets. This topic is very useful for everyone who wants to know about Butterfly in detail within less time.
10 Lines on Butterfly
1) There are more than 20000 species of butterflies, including Brush-footed, Swallowtail, and Skippers with variations in size and color.
2) The lifespan of a butterfly varies with factors like size, species, and the habitat.
3) There are four stages in the lifecycle of a butterfly.
4) Butterflies eat all the plant matters and survive on nectar from flowers.
5) Butterflies have many natural predators like wasps, flies, snakes, rats, birds, frogs.
6) Butterflies use various techniques like camouflage and imitation for their protection from predators.
7) They don’t have the taste buds, however, they have the sensory organs under their feet for smelling and navigation for food.
8) Butterflies can’t survive the cold so migrate to warmer places.
9) Butterflies have a very typical pair of eyes with a complex network of lenses and can see beyond the UV spectrum.
10) They have the symbolic meaning in mythologies of Rome and Japan and are personified as the human soul.
10 Lines and Sentences on Butterfly
1) Butterflies breathe through tiny holes present all along with the bodies.
2) They have a transparent multi-layered surface on their wings.
3) Most Butterflies fly at the speed of 6 to 10 miles per hour, but the skipper butterflies can fly at a pace more than a horse can run.
4) Butterflies have played significant role in nanotechnology research, to prepare the paints without use of toxic pigments.
5) Preserving and collecting the different species of butterflies was the famous hobby of people worldwide at one point of time.
6) The oldest fossil record of moths is 200 million years old.
7) Those butterflies also use a unique flight technique which is deceiving in nature.
8) Butterflies eat many harmful insects; those can damage domestic crops and trees.
9) Butterflies generally prefer to live and fly alone, however in case of migration they form large groups known as flutter.
10) Butterflies use their unique long tube-like tongue for soaking up the food.
5 Lines on Butterfly
1) Butterfly is an insect.
2) They look very beautiful.
3) They have two antennae.
4) They fly in the sky.
5) They are of different colors.
20 Lines on Butterfly
1) The butterfly is an amazing insect with colorful wings.
2) It inhabits every part of the world except Antarctica.
3) There are more than 18000 species of butterflies found in the world.
4) The wings of the butterfly are covered by scales.
5) Egg, larva, pupa, and adult are the stages of development of a butterfly.
6) The eggs laid by the female butterfly are covered by wax to prevent them from drying.
7) Butterflies mainly feed on nectar, pollen, decaying fruits, and dung.
8) Butterflies possess different wing colors and patterns depending upon their species.
9) The average lifespan of a butterfly is about 1-6 months.
10) The butterfly is mostly active during the day hours.
11) The butterfly is a beautiful creature that can be sighted easily in gardens full of flowers.
12) There are several superstitious beliefs in many countries regarding butterflies.
13) The butterfly lays eggs on the leaf with glue that helps the egg to stick on the leaf.
14) The wing color of a butterfly helps it in defense mechanism against predators.
15) Butterfly while resting keeps its wings in a vertical position.
16) The proboscis is a tube-like structure in the mouth of a butterfly meant for drinking fluids.
17) A butterfly can fly only when its body temperature is above 27 degrees centigrade.
18) It spreads its wings in the sun for absorbing heat that is called basking.
19) The image of the butterfly is carved in several paintings, artworks, and furnishings.
20) The abrupt climatic changes are the major cause of the declining population of butterflies.
Butterflies are very important for plants to grow, by collecting pollen on their body from the nectar of flowers. They are quite hard working in nature, and if we want to protect them from being endangered, we have to plant more trees and make our gardens full of colorful flowers to act as a Conservation Park.