Doing something for fun is a good thing. But when we start doing it repeatedly, it becomes an addiction. Addiction of anything is always bad, be it mobile phones, television, alcohol or the most dangerous, Drugs. Addiction is the state of mind which compels the repetitive behavior in spite of its destructive consequences. Addiction is a curse to the society and people especially youths should be kept away from this evil. If you want to know more about addiction, go and check the sets of 10 lines below.
Ten Lines on Addiction
1) Addiction is the psychological or physical behaviour compelling to take or practice something.
2) It starts with excitement and gradually becomes a habit demanding for more.
3) Anyone from any background or age can become addicted to something.
4) The very common forms of addiction are alcohol, cigarette, gambling, drugs etc.
5) The addiction like a Smartphone, computer games, social media etc. can affect our health.
6) Alcohol is the most common form of addiction.
7) Around 15 people die in India every day due to alcohol abuse.
8) Punjab tops the list of drug addiction, with 4 out of 10 men addicted to drugs.
9) There are many help lines and rehabilitation centres which help in curing addiction and its side effects.
10) With strong determination and focus, we can avoid addiction.
1) Addiction is a mental disorder forcing a person to follow a repetitive practice.
2) The main cause of addiction is the high thrill and excitement resulting from a harmful practice.
3) Addiction adversely affects family and isolates the person from society.
4) Gambling, mobile phone and computer games addiction are behavioural addiction.
5) Drugs, alcoholism and cigarette addiction are drug addiction.
6) Opium, cocaine, caffeine, tobacco, heroine are few types of highly potentially addictive drugs.
7) The repetitive use of these drugs affects the state of mind and degrades a person’s self-control.
8) Addiction leads to mood swings, sick feeling, depression, insomnia, violent behaviour and sudden deaths.
9) Many rehabilitation centres help in curing the addiction and its ill effects.
10) Spreading awareness about drug and alcohol abuse can help us fight this social evil.
1) In simple words, Addiction is the repetition of a particular habit much frequently.
2) Addiction to anything is always harmful to one’s health.
3) Some people are used too of medicines, and it has become a part of their daily life.
4) Despite knowing the harmful effects of addiction, a person is unable to get rid of it.
5) Addiction makes one completely dependent on something and finds it the source of pleasure.
6) Researchers have found that addiction is somewhat hereditary.
7) Creating a healthy and cheerful environment in a family can reduce the risk of addiction in youngsters.
8) Addiction comes with many physical, psychological and personal complications.
9) Addiction can cause psychosis, anxiety, depression and sometimes suicide too.
10) It is never too late to let go addiction of whatever you have.
1) Everyone has the addiction to something in some forms in his life.
2) One’s dependency on alcohol or any other chemical substance is Addiction.
3) Addiction is also the habit of doing something repeatedly like Gambling, eating, using phones etc.
4) Inability to get rid of the addiction indicates the intensity of addiction.
5) The reason behind addiction is that one finds pleasure in doing that no matter how many times one does that.
6) Addiction is sometimes used to fresh one’s mind and feel relaxed and comfortable.
7) The youngsters are more likely to get an addiction than others.
8) To stop the addiction, it is important to identify it.
The 9) Addiction greatly impacts the brain and makes several unwanted changes.
10) ‘Yoga’ is a natural and effective way to throw away the addiction of any kind.
Addiction has killed many people and destroyed many families. It has given rise to many criminal activities. It is time to spread the awareness of drug abuse, and the government should also take drastic steps to curb the drug peddlers’ and drug syndicate. A strong determination and zeal can help cure addiction and curb out this evil from our society.