Today, everyone is well aware of the term computer and its uses. Computers are available in different shapes and sizes according to their demand. The topmost category of computers is supercomputers. They provide a wide variety of advantages over other categories of computers. However, they are designed for performing specific tasks. Many countries have supercomputers. India does have its supercomputer listed in the Top 500 list.
Let us explore more about supercomputers with these lines.
Ten Lines on Supercomputer in English
Here, I’m providing ten lines on Supercomputer in the form of sets. These lines would be helpful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.
1) The powerful Computers with high computation power are termed as supercomputers.
2) Supercomputers were introduced in the 1960s.
3) Their performance is measured in FLOPS (Floating Point Operation per Second).
4) Supercomputers are very expensive.
5) Supercomputers have more than one processing unit.
6) They are mainly used in weather forecasting, cryptanalysis, oil and gas exploration, etc.
7) CDC-6600 is considered as the first commercial supercomputer, developed in 1964 by Seymour Cray.
8) Supercomputers are very large and bulky.
9) Fugaku is the fastest supercomputer up to date.
10) Some Indian supercomputers are PARAM, PRATYUSH, and MIHIR listed in the Top 500 list.
1) Supercomputers have the ability to execute multiple programs simultaneously.
2) The storage capacity of supercomputers is quite high.
3) Supercomputers are the fastest category of computers.
4) Linux-based operating systems are mostly used in the supercomputers.
5) It is designed to perform high-level computation, not suitable for general computing.
6) Supercomputers consume high energy and get heated quickly.
7) Summit, Sierra, Dell Frontera, etc are some famous supercomputers of the world.
8) Supercomputers are divided into two types; general-purpose and special-purpose supercomputers.
9) Indian Supercomputer PARAM SIDDHI stands 63 in the Top 500 list of supercomputers.
10) The Indian government found it difficult to purchase supercomputers from other countries and started working to develop its supercomputer.
11) The first supercomputer Colossus (an electronic computer), developed in 1943 was able to execute 5000 characters per second.
In order to determine the fastest supercomputer of time, a list containing the top 500 supercomputers is generated. The list is prepared according to the performance of the supercomputers which is measured in terms of FLOPS. Supercomputers from different countries are considered in this list since 1993.
Supercomputers of different countries are ranked in this list. The maximum number of supercomputers in this Top 500 list belongs to China. However, the top supercomputer till date belongs to Japan.
I hope the above given ten points on Supercomputer will be easily understandable and helpful for you to boost your knowledge about this topic.
Read also :
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Supercomputer
Ans. Seymour Cray, who made the first supercomputer is known as the father of supercomputing.
Ans. PARAM 8000 is the first supercomputer developed in India in 1991.