Rabindranath Tagore is one of the eminent personalities in India that had a major role in making the history of India a shinning one. I think all of us are aware of this greatest personality of the nation. He is stated as the pride of India because of his immense contribution that had added glory to the nation. He also actively participated in India’s struggle for freedom. He had been honoured by several titles because of his greatest achievements.
Ten Lines on Rabindranath Tagore in English
The topic ‘Rabindranath Tagore’ is very important for all students and competitive exam aspirants. Students are often asked to write projects, assignments, paragraphs, etc on this topic. Moreover, different questions related to his contributions and life is asked in competitive exams. In the same reference, I have provided sets of ten lines on this topic. I hope that it might be beneficial to all the students in giving them a quick idea of writing assignments, projects, paragraphs, etc on this topic.
1) Rabindranath Tagore was a great Indian poet and novelist.
2) The National Anthem ,Jana Gana Mana of India was written by Rabindranath Thakur.
3) He was born to Debendranath Tagore and Sharda Devi on 7th May 1861 in Calcutta.
4) His family was a respected family of Bengal full of cultural, social leaders, and intellectuals.
5) He attained his early education at home by different teachers as he never liked schooling.
6) He went to London to pursue higher education but returned back to India after one year as he disliked classroom teaching.
7) He tied a knot with Mrinalini Devi in the year 1883 and had five children.
8) He is stated as the first Indian and Asian to get the Nobel prize for literature in 1913.
9) He also composed the National anthem of Bangladesh“Amar Shonar Bangla”.
10) Mahatma Gandhi, Father of nation was given the title Mahatma by Rabindranath Tagore.
1) Rabindranath Tagore was popularly called ‘Gurudev’.
2) He was regarded as a great philosopher, patriot, composer, social reformer, writer, and painter.
3) His birthday on 7th May is celebrated as Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti throughout the nation.
4) He is regarded as a multitalented artist of the 20th century in India and the world.
5) He had been raised by the servants because his mother died when he was very small.
6) He was interested in reading all subjects but never loved the subject of English.
7) He had a great interest in poetry and started writing at a very small age of eight years.
8) He established the Vishwa Bharti University at Shantiniketan on 24th December in the year 1918.
9) He wanted it to be a new type of university that would be a connecting link between India and the world.
10) The versatile artist took his last breath on 7th August 1941 at the age of 80 years.
Rabindranath Tagore was a precious gem of the nation. The death of this multitalented artist was the great loss of the nation but he will always be alive among us through his notable contributions. His literary works include poems, dramas, stories, and novels. His thoughts and quotes have been an inspiration for the younger generations. He always disliked the traditional teaching methods. He wanted that the system of education must be in such a way that makes the students happy and curious. It must not be limited to the classroom and teaching. He was also a true patriot and took part in the freedom struggle to make India free from British rule.
I have included the important details of the life of Rabindranath Tagore in a set of ten lines stated above.I hope that you all would have loved and enjoyed reading the same.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Rabindranath Tagore
Ans. Rabindranath Tagore was awarded the title of Knighthood in 1915 by King George V.
Ans. Gitanjali was published in English in the year 1912.
Ans. The book Gitanjali is the part of UNESCO Collection of Representative Works.
Ans. The great scientist Albert Einstein was a close friend of Rabindranath Tagore.
Ans. The songs of Rabindranath Tagore are known as ‘Rabindrasangeet’.