Pratibha Devisingh Patil, well known as Pratibha Patil has served as the Governor of Rajasthan from 2004 to 2007 but she became more famous when she served as the First female President of India from the year 2007 to 2012. She belongs to the oldest political party in India “Indian National Congress”. She is not less than an inspiration for the females in India and it is very important for us to have a brief knowledge about her life journey so we have created few sets of 10 lines on the first female president of India, Pratibha Patil.
Ten Lines on Pratibha Patil
1) Pratibha Devisingh Patil was born on 19th December 1934 in Jalgaon, Maharashtra state in India.
2) She earned a Bachelor's in Law from Government Law College in Mumbai.
3) She completed her Masters in Economics and Political Science from Mooljee Jetha College, Jalgaon.
4) On 7th July 1965, Pratibha Patil was married to Devisingh Ransingh Shekhawat.
5) She won the assembly elections on the ticket of the Indian National Congress from the Jalgaon constituency region in the year 1962.
6) Smt. Pratibha Patil was appointed as the Governor of Rajasthan on 7 November 2004.
7) On 22nd June 2007, she resigned from the post of governor to become the President of India.
8) She held the office of President of India from 25th July 2007 to 25th July 2012.
9) Thus she recorded her name in history as the “First Woman President in India”.
10) Mrs. Pratibha Patil has a special interest in the development of the rural economy and the welfare of women.
Here we are going to provide another set of ten simple Lines on the life journey, achievements and awards of the great politician Pratibha Patil in English. These lines will be proved helpful for the students up to std. 8. These lines can be used in writing biography, articles, essays, short notes and also for competitive exams as well.
1) Before entering politics, Pratibha Patil has worked as a Social Activist for many years.
2) She was a good table tennis player and has won many international competitions.
3) Mrs. Pratibha Patil has served as the 12th President of the Republic of India.
4) She also has been the Member of Parliament in Rajya Sabha from 1985 to 1990.
5) Elected in November 2004, she was the 24th Governor of Rajasthan and also the “First female Governor of Rajasthan”.
6) She has set up an Institution ‘Vidya Bharati Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’ with the support of her husband.
7) A trust named Shram Sadhana Trust is also set up by her that works as a hostel for working women in New Delhi, Pune and Mumbai.
8) She also has founded a sugar factory in Jalgaon district in Maharashtra named Sant Muktabai Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana.
9) In the election for the President of India, she was fighting against the then Vice President Bhairon Singh Shekhawat.
10) Mrs. Pratibha Devisingh Patil was the "College Queen" of M. J. College in the year 1962.
Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil has always been devoted to Social work, Education and Co-Operative Movement. She has the prestige to be called the first female governor of Rajasthan and also will always be remembered as the First Female President of India. May her dream for the improvement in the condition of poor in India, Social Justice and the development of Nation come true. She was a great believer of Women Empowerment and I remember one of her quote which was as:
“Women have talent and intelligence but’ due to social constraints and prejudices, it is still a long distance away from the goal of gender equality”.