Plastic bags are, though, the very convenient and easy choice of millions for its multipurpose usage, its pollution is creating havoc on the planet globally. Plastic bags had easily replaced paper bags for their durability and flexibility, posing a potential threat to the environment and life of human beings and also animals. Humans had not recognized the disastrous consequences that overuse of plastic bags could lead. It has become important to stop the use of plastic bags and save our environment from its disastrous consequences.
Ten Lines on Plastic Bag and its Harmful Effects
1) Plastic bags are non-biodegradable.
2) We use it widely in our everyday life, mostly for handling supplies from local stores.
3) Plastic bags have become an integral part of human habitation.
4) The world consumes 1 Trillion Plastic every year.
5) Billions of plastic bags end up as litter.
6) Only 1 in every 20 used bags gets recycled.
7) Dumping of plastic bags poses a threat to the environment.
8) Plastic bags deplete our natural resources.
9) Plastic bags deplete marine life and damage the ecosystem.
10) It poses a threat of suffocation for adolescent children.
1) Plastic bags can pollute our environment for a longer period.
2) Some plastic react with food items and release dangerous toxins.
3) We should always keep plastic bags away from children.
4) Recycling of plastic is not easy.
5) Around 1 lakh animals die every year because of consuming plastic bags.
6) Improper disposal of plastic bags can make land infertile.
7) The plastic bags in the ocean don't allow air to pass to the marine animals, so they feel suffocated.
8) Improper waste management of plastic bags affects the environment.
9) About 95% of plastic produced in a year gets disposed of through littering.
10) Avoid using plastic and carry a cotton bag to save our environment.
1) Plastic bags are also popular as polythene bags, poly bags or pouches.
2) Plastic bags are non-woven plastic, usually heat-sealed or bonded with an adhesive.
3) Plastic bags are a serious threat to the environment due to their non-biodegradable nature.
4) The biggest use of plastic bags is for packaging, carrying goods etc.
5) Polythene bags break down into smaller toxic compounds, damaging the environment.
6) Many governments have completely banned the commercial use of plastic.
7) Plastic bags threaten the life of stray animals that eat plastic confusing it with their food.
8) Plastic bags provide us portability, durability and minimized space but are also dangerous.
9) The plastic bag has replaced the paper bag, jute bag, wooden boxes and boxes made of paperboard.
10) Plastic bags slowly get into the soil, releasing toxic chemicals and making it infertile.
1) The plastic is a synthetic organic compound.
2) Some plastics are recyclable and biodegradable as well.
3) The plastic can take even more than thousands of years to break down.
4) Plastic bags can clog drainage resulting in flooding of the area around human settlement.
5) Plastic pollution is more serious in countries with poor waste disposal mechanism.
6) As they are lightweight, plastic bags fly over long distances through wind and water.
7) Littered plastic bags pollute our freshwater resources and render the water unfit to use.
8) The soil containing plastic waste produces toxic grains and fruits.
9) All the compounds of plastic are harmful to our health.
10) The government should enforce strict laws banning the use of plastic in any shape or size.
We must take immediate responsibility for the wellness of our planet and all its living forms, and take a pledge to not to use plastic bags in any form or for any purpose. We must pledge to use other sustainable alternatives such as bags made of paper or other biodegradable materials.