National Technology Day is celebrated every year on 11th May in order to commemorate the anniversary of Shakti, a nuclear test at Pokhran in the year 1998. National Technology Day is one of the important technology festivals in India which is celebrated by the students of the colleges and schools by demonstrating various technology projects in the state as well as national level exhibitions. The Ministry of Science and Technology gives a special message on the occasion to the students, innovators, researchers and the public of nation.
Ten Lines on National Technology Day
1) The National Technology Day is celebrated every year on 11th May in order to mark the anniversary of the Pokhran Nuclear Test in 1998.
2) The program celebration aims to highlight the achievement of India as it became the sixth country of that time to join the nuclear club.
3) The government of India successfully tested nuclear bombs on 11th May 1998.
4) Technology Development Board helps many educational institutions in promoting research and innovation as a part of the celebration.
5) The event is celebrated across the country in schools, colleges, universities and scientific research institutions.
6) The day is celebrated by organizing public speeches, interactive sessions, exhibitions, debates, quiz competitions, and lectures.
7) Every year the National Technology Day is celebrated across the nation with a theme to promote technological advancement.
8) National Technology Day 2018 theme was “Science and Technology for a sustainable future”.
9) National Technology Day creates awareness about the importance of technology in the daily life of people.
10) Technical and science fests are organized in many schools and colleges by inviting eminent personalities from the field of science and technology.
1) National Technology Day celebration aims at highlighting India’s achievement in the areas of space and atomic energy, IT, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
2) The technology development board organizes various events on technology-related topics across the nation.
3) One of the objectives of celebrating National Technology Day is to inspire upcoming generations for higher studies and research in the field of technology.
4) On this occasion, the government runs various campaigns and awareness programs on technological advancement through print and electronic media.
5) The day also helps to promote the field of science and technology which are the key drivers of the economy.
6) National Technology Day celebration at undergraduate colleges or institutions encourages the students for choosing a career in the research field.
7) The celebration stresses the importance of technology in the field of human welfare like energy production, medicine, and health, environmental issues, etc.
8) It helps in building the entrepreneurship spirit among youths to develop innovative technologies for the service of mankind.
9) On National Technology Day, Technology Development Board institutes national award to industries which have attained excellence in indigenous technologies.
10) National Technology Day celebration showcases the talent and potential of our scientists and innovators to the world.
1) National Technology Day is observed on 11th May every year in India.
2) The day is celebrated to commemorate the anniversary of the first five nuclear tests of Operation Shakti.
3) On 11th May 1998, India conducted its second successful nuclear test in Pokhran, Rajasthan.
4) This day also praises the importance of science in our daily lives.
5) The theme of National Technology Day 2019 is "Science for People and People for Science."
6) On this day, the nation proudly remembers the achievements of its scientists.
7) Various scientific and technical research organizations celebrate this day throughout the country.
8) The first National Technology Day is celebrated on 11th May 1999 to remember the nuclear test held in Pokhran.
9) It is noteworthy that the Ministry of Science and Technology organizes this day on May 11 every year since the year 1999.
10) On this occasion, a celebration of science and technology success in the service of the nation is celebrated throughout the country.
1) On 11th May 1998, India conducted its most powerful nuclear tests, that is why we celebrate National Technology Day every year.
2) After achieving this grand success the contemporary PM, Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee announced to celebrate it from 1999.
3) The Technology Department of India organizes a variety of programs every year to promote new technology.
4) On this day every year, the Indian Ministry of Science and Technology honors some promising scientists who have made outstanding contributions in the field of technology.
5) Many types of programs are organized on this day in almost all technical colleges in India.
6) Various kinds of competitions are conducted on this day by many engineering and technical colleges in India.
7) Every year the Technology Development Board elects a specific theme.
8) Visual media of our country telecast the important events so that the whole world can know about its importance.
9) Talks with prominent scientists are also telecasted on the day about their new researches.
10) A selected group of students is given the opportunity to meet scientists on this day.
National Technology Day celebration gives a unique opportunity to thank all the researchers and innovators who have made remarkable contributions in the field of science and technology. It holds a special significance for our science and business fraternity who organizes various exhibitions and fairs across the nation and conducts experiments and activities for the benefit of humanity. The celebration acts as a great motivation to our young generation who want to contribute to the nation-building through their competency and talent.