World Asthma Day is celebrated every year on the first Tuesday of May to raise the public awareness about asthma, its prevention, and cure around the world. The day is celebrated around the globe in order to make the common public awareness about chronic respiratory disease. This day also helps to educate people about the precautions in daily life which should be taken in order to reduce the chances of asthma in entire life span. World Asthma Day is also celebrated by many health organizations, famous group of hospitals around the world.
Ten Lines on World Asthma Day
1) World Asthma Day is celebrated on the first Tuesday of May every year to raise awareness about the chronic respiratory disease, Asthma.
2) World Asthma Day 2019 will be celebrated on 7th May.
3) Asthma is a chronic health condition that causes breathlessness, coughing and chest stiffness.
4) World Asthma Day is a global health awareness program focusing on prevention and precautions of asthma.
5) World Asthma Day celebration helps in reducing asthma worldwide by running global health awareness campaigns.
6) Every year, government, NGOs and civil communities jointly hold awareness programme on chronic respiratory diseases on the occasion.
7) 235 million people worldwide are suffering from asthma and the majority of them are children.
8) World Asthma Day is organized by GINA (Global Initiative for Asthma) a leading medical organization that publishes guidelines on asthma management.
7) Asthma can’t be cured but can be controlled through healthy lifestyle changes like regular exercise, controlling heartburn and weight.
8) Every year, World Asthma Day is celebrated with a theme to highlight the harmful effects of chronic respiratory disease worldwide.
9) World Asthma Day 2019 theme is “STOP for Asthma”-Symptom evaluation, Test response, Observes and assesses, Proceed to adjust treatment.
10) Nations around the globe organize various events like health check-up campaigns, discussions, and seminars to celebrate World Asthma Day.
1) World Asthma Day was first observed in 1998 and is now celebrated in more than 36 countries around the world.
2) National Asthma Education and Prevention program is organized which helps patients, health experts to design the Asthma Action Plan- AAP.
3) AAP is an asthma action plan which includes the details of medication and facility required in controlling asthma disease.
4) World Asthma Day celebration highlights the causes of asthma-like exposures to various irritants, airborne substances, allergies, and respiratory infections.
5) The celebration motivates people for preventive measures from chronic respiratory diseases.
6) On World Asthma Day, health sessions are organized in order to educate medical professionals about their roles and responsibilities in handling respiratory diseases.
7) The celebration stresses the importance of local and national health administration in controlling chronic respiratory diseases.
8) Various posters along with fact sheets about asthma are distributed in schools, education institutes, and civil communities on World Asthma Day.
9) Many events like awareness walk, question and answer session, presentation session with health experts mainly doctors are organized on World Asthma Day.
10) The school students, teachers, health experts, the general public participate in the event being organized at various places in the country to celebrate World Asthma Day.
World Asthma Day is one of the famous health events celebrated every year in order to promote a healthy lifestyle for prevention of chronic respiratory disease. The respiratory disease like asthma around the world has affected more than 240 million people and every year almost 7000 people are killed due to lack of proper care and medical treatment facilities, especially in low-income group countries.
The government, civil communities, and NGOs should work in collaboration in order to raise the awareness about preventive measures that should be adopted in life for controlling airborne respiratory diseases like asthma.