Mithali Raj is a star of women’s cricket team in India. She has amazing skills in cricketing and captainship that is why she regarded as one of the best players in the team. Mithali is popular for her batting strategies and together with her that, she also has a good bowling ability. She has shown her proficiency in cricket to the whole world since her debut match and marked her existence in the team. It is also said that Mithali had held the bat and started playing from a very early age i.e. at the age of 10 and I am sure that the statement is true which is reflected in her every single performance.
Ten Lines on Mithali Raj
1) Mithali Raj is a well-known cricket player and also the cricket captain in Indian Cricket Team.
2) She was born in Jodhpur, Rajasthan on 3rd December 1982.
3) She completes 10th from Keyes High School for Girls in Secunderabad.
4) Mithali has completed intermediate from Kasturba Gandhi Junior College for Women in Secunderabad.
5) In the year 1999, Mithali debuted in One Day International Cricket against Ireland.
6) In the captainship of Mithali, the Indian women cricket team had reached the finals of the 2005 Women Cricket World Cup.
7) Mithali had secured number 1 position in the list of players of the 2013 Women’s World Cup.
8) Mithali has been conferred Arjun Award in the year 2013.
9) Mithali has also won Padma Shri in the year 2015.
10) Mithali is nicknamed “Lady Tendulkar of Women’s Cricket Team” for her outstanding performances.
There is so much to tell you about the eminent cricketer of India Mithali Raj which made us create the 2nd set on her. This set comprises some other important information related to Mithali Raj, not mentioned in the 1st set. This set is equally important because we have tried to highlight some little known facts of her life that are not much known to everyone. So let’s have some other knowledge about our lady cricket warrior.
1) Mithali belongs to the family where her father Dorai Raj was an Airman in Indian Air Force.
2) Mithali has also learned Bharatnatyam and wanted to make it her career before entering in the cricket.
3) Mithali is the youngest female cricketer to score a century in her first ODI.
4) Mithali Raj became the captain of the Indian Women Cricket Team in the year 2004.
5) Mithali is considered the youngest captain of the Indian Women Cricket Team.
6) In April 2015, she held the Widen India Cricketer of the Year Award and became the first Indian Cricketer to win it.
7) She has also worked as the batting consultant for the Indian Women’s National Cricket Team.
8) She has been awarded Youth's Sports Icon of Excellence Award in the year 2017.
9) She was also awarded Vogue Sportsperson of the Year Award in the same year.
10) Mithali was ranked under the top 100 influential women in India published by BBC in the year 2017.
Mithali debuted for International matches at the age of 17 which is quite surprising for everyone and at the same time, she started her career by hitting a century for which she was applauded a lot. Mithali has gained much more than her age and she is such an inspiration for everyone.
Indian Women Cricket Team has never got so much popularity before as compared to the Indian Men Cricket Team but the time has changed and now the Women Cricket Team in India is full of such gems that are illuminating India in the whole world. Mithali is one of those gems. These Indian women are worth to be respected.