International Women’s Day celebration on 8th March every year commemorates the voices of women around the world to secure the rights of women thereby creating an environment free from gender disparity and social inequality. International women’s day is celebrated to appreciate women’s achievement in the field of science, technology, business etc. The day is celebrated by organizing presentations, speech, conferences in order to increase worldwide awareness about condition of women and their rights.
Ten Lines on International Women’s Day
1) The International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on 8th March in the honour of the remarkable contribution of women to our society.
2) The program celebration aims to highlight the women rights and gender balance around the globe.
3) The International Women’s Day is also celebrated to mark the exceptional achievements of the women in various fields like science, education, technology and health.
4) The celebration ensures equal opportunities to the women in the field of education, business, politics, media etc.
5) The International Women’s Day celebration initiative was started by the United States as National Women’s Day in the year 1909.
6) The day also commemorates the role of women around the globe to protect women’s rights and bring gender parity.
7) Every year the International Women’s Day is celebrated across the world with a 'theme voicing the rights of women in the society.
8) International Women’s Day 2019 theme was ‘’Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change’’.
9) The International Women’s Day 2019 theme implies the use of innovation technology for women in order to bring gender equality.
10) Many global programs like conferences, panel discussions, seminars, exhibitions and concert performances are organised on the occasion.
1) The schools and educational institutions celebrate the International Women’s Day by organizing various competitions like essay writing, drama, skit and painting.
2) Various NGO’s organize the self defence training programs like Judo, Karate etc on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
3) One of the objectives of celebrating the International women’s day is to ensure that every girl or women is receiving proper respect and value in the society.
4) On International Women’s Day, the government runs various campaigns for highlighting the social, economical, cultural and political achievements of women.
5) The celebration helps in empowering women by promoting equal rights and opportunities for them.
6) International Women’s Day is the official holiday in many countries like Afghanistan, Russia, Vietnam, China (for women only), Uganda, and Cuba etc.
7) Rallies, campaigns, street plays, documentary screening, and women parade are some of the other programs which are also being organized on International Women’s Day.
8) On the occasion of International Women’s Day, people present flowers or gifts to their mothers, wives, sisters and colleagues as a mark of respect.
9) In 1977, United Nations passed a resolution in its assembly session to observe 8th March as UN day for women’s rights and world peace.
10) Government, civil communities, NGOs should come together and organize activities on the occasion to empower girls and women in the society.
1) International Women's Day is celebrated every year on 8th March.
2) This special day is a day to honour women working in different fields and to celebrate their achievements.
3) The day was first celebrated on 28th February 1909 at the call of the Socialist Party of America, in New York.
4) You might be surprised to know that earlier in most countries women did not have the right to vote.
5) In order to give them these rights, the Women's Day was given international status at the Copenhagen Conference of Socialist International in 1910.
6) The significance of the day increased even more when on the last Sunday of February in 1917, women in Russia launched a movement.
7) Due to intensity of this movement the Tsar had to relinquish power in Russia.
8) After this, the interim government formed gave women the right to vote.
9) It is celebrated every year with special theme of the year and prior planning to strengthen political and social awareness towards women's struggle.
10) The theme of International Women's Day 2019 is named ‘Think equal, build smart, innovate for change’.
1) International Women's Day is the day for women, which is celebrated to honour women all over the world on 8thMarch every year.
2) This is a special day to celebrate the achievements achieved by women in social to political life, and to emphasize gender equality.
3) It is celebrated all over the world to increase awareness about women for their rights, contribution, importance of education, livelihood etc.
4) Most of the professional institutions, government and non-government offices, educational institutions in Russia, remain closed on this day.
5) People usually wear purple ribbon during celebrating this festival.
6) This day memorise us to end all forms of violence against women and girls including trafficking and sexual exploitation and other types.
7) It is generally celebrated to honour the entire female fraternity, to appreciate their actions and to show love and respect for them.
8) In order to remove these inequalities on International Women's Day, women from all over the world gather together to bring attention to the society.
9) In many countries, women congregate and carry out marches and rallies.
10) Art programs are presented; speeches and seminars are organized on this day to promote awareness among the people.
International Women’s Day pays tribute to women leaders from business, politics, corporate, educational institutions, inventors and media around the world who have helped in securing the rights of women and building more equitable societies. The celebration of International Women’s Day gives us the unique opportunity to focus on innovative ways which can help empowerment of women in the areas of education, access to public services, health and social rights.