Drug abuse and its illicit trafficking have become a major issue in the whole world. The consumption of various types of drugs like alcohol, narcotics, stimulants, nicotine, sedatives, etc has become a fashion in our society. The younger generation is most fascinated and is easily driven towards this addiction. The consumption of these drugs appears very good in the starting but we can never know that when people become addict to those drugs.
There are lots of efforts made by the government of different nations, media, and Non-Government organizations to eradicate this evil issue from the whole world. Here sets of ten lines on ‘International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking’ are provided below. I hope that this might be useful for the students to know about this day and prepare for different competitive exams.
Ten Lines on International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
Set - 1
1) The International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is also referred to as ‘World Drug Day’.
2) It is commemorated worldwide on the 26th of June every year.
3) This day aims to attain global support to get rid of drug abuse from the whole world.
4) Programs like lectures, seminars, and speeches are arranged by all countries to make people understand drug abuse.
5) Real-life examples of drug victims are also presented to motivate people to remain away from drug abuse.
6) This day is celebrated every year with a unique theme.
7) ‘Better knowledge for Better Care’ was the theme of celebration in the year 2020 amid pandemic COVID-19.
8) The theme highlights the need for people to get aware of drug abuse and remain away from this habit.
9) India has enforced certain rules and laws to tackle the issue of drug abuse and its trafficking.
10) This effort to control drug abuse and its trafficking is greatly supported by people worldwide.
Set - 2
1) The world observes 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
2) The concept was initiated by United Nations General Assembly in December 1987.
3) This day is annually observed in the whole world since 1989.
4) 26 June is also celebrated for the incredible effort of Lin Zexu in stopping the opium trade in Guangdong, Humen, and China.
5) The objective of this day was to make the entire world free from the challenges of drug abuse and its illicit trafficking.
6) The countries are organizing several campaigns to get the support of the masses and spread awareness.
7) This day is based on a theme that is different every year.
8) Programs are conducted in schools and colleges to make students aware of and away from drug abuse.
9) The real experience is also shared by the earlier victims of drug addiction to raise awareness among people.
10) This collaborative effort of people in the whole world makes this day a meaningful one.
Injurious to health is clearly written on the packets of tobacco, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. but people are not afraid of these warnings. They continue to enjoy these kinds of drugs. Along with drug abuse, its illicit trade is becoming more common in all countries. It is sad to state that India is also caught badly in the grip of this severe problem like the other countries in the world. The whole world is trying its level best to get rid of this problem as soon as possible. The support by the people from different groups and organizations internationally is a great step for getting successful in eradicating this severe issue.