Golden Temple is a famous Sikh holy site situated at Amritsar, Punjab. There are many holy sites where people from different places visit to worship god. Apart from worship, the beauty of the place attracts many tourists and devotees. Also, they are associated with several myths and stories that give life to their respective place. Many of these places have some ancient history. One of the sites that are responsible for shaping the history of Punjab is Golden Temple. Therefore, today we will discuss Golden Temple in detail.
Ten Lines on Golden Temple in English
Here, I’m presenting a few lines on the Golden Temple in form of sets. This topic is useful for students of all the classes as well as for students preparing for different competitive exams. However, these lines will help everyone to boost their knowledge regarding this beautiful temple.
10 Lines on Golden Temple
1) Golden Temple is a Gurudwara.
2) It is situated in Amritsar, Punjab.
3) It was designed by Guru Arjan, the fifth Sikh guru.
4) It is a famous religious shrine for the Sikh community.
5) Its construction was started in 1581 and was completed in 1604.
6) This temple was destroyed several times by the Mughal rulers.
7) It was rebuilt by Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
8) At this site, the first Sikh guru, Guru Nanak meditated.
9) The shrine is surrounded by a pond called Amrit Sarovar.
10) The Golden Temple is open to people of all religions.
10 Lines and Sentences on Golden Temple
1) Harimandir Sahib, Darbar Sahib, or Suvaran Mandir is another name for Golden Temple.
2) This shrine is covered with gold foil and hence gets the name, Golden Temple.
3) It consists of the “Langar Sewa”, the world’s largest kitchen.
4) It serves more than 50,000 meals a day without any fee.
5) The number rises to at least a lakh during special occasions and religious events.
6) There are four doors on the Golden Temple, so people can worship God from all directions.
7) Every year millions of people visit the golden temple.
8) Muslim divine Mian Mir laid the Golden Temple's foundation stone.
9) India's Golden Temple is one of the oldest places of worship for the Sikh religion.
10) It is regarded as one of the best examples of Mughal and Indian architecture in the world.
5 Lines on Golden Temple
1) It is the famous sacred place of Sikhs.
2) This Gurudwara is located in Amritsar, Punjab.
3) It was founded by the fifth Sikh guru, Guru Arjan.
4) It is called so because it is covered with gold foil.
5) Every day the temple organizes langar (free meal) for the poor.
20 Lines on Golden Temple
1) Golden Temple is a famous Gurudwara situated at Amritsar, Punjab, India.
2) The Golden Temple is known by different names such as Harimandir Sahib, Darbar Sahib, or Suvaran Mandir.
3) Guru Arjan Singh, the fifth Sikh guru started the construction of this temple.
4) In the beginning, the temple wasn't golden, gold foil was applied later.
5) As one of Sikhism's most renowned martyrs, Baba Deep Singh took his last breath at the Golden Temple.
6) Punjab's golden history has been shaped by The Golden Temple.
7) Gurudwara operations and maintenance are entirely funded by donations.
8) Many different tasks are managed by volunteers for free, such as cooking, cleaning, serving food, and a lot more.
9) The temple organizes free food every day for the people.
10) The temple is surrounded by Amrit Sarovar from all sides.
11) Sikhs believe that bathing in the pool purifies their karma and restores their well-being.
12) In terms of architecture, the temple is a two-story building.
13) All other parts of the complex are built in white marble and inlaid with colorful precious and semiprecious stones.
14) It has a central sanctum so that worshippers can walk around it clockwise.
15) The Adi Granth was placed in Harmandir Sahib by Guru Arjan in 1604.
16) It is also a popular Gurudwara among devotees from around the world.
17) Between 1883 and 1920, it was the center of the Singh Sabha Movement.
18) On the tentative list of UNESCO, the Gurdwara complex has been nominated as a World Heritage Site.
19) It symbolizes equality and brotherhood among humans.
20) The Golden Temple is regarded as one of the best temples in terms of its architectural beauty.
With its spectacular golden color, this temple amazes people with its breathtaking beauty. In the moonlight, the Golden Temple is reflected in the pond within the Gurudwara premises, which serves as a major attraction for tourists. It is not only a symbol of the Sikh religion but also a source of pride for India. Therefore, this beautiful temple must not be missed while visiting India
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Golden Temple
Ans. About 160 kg of gold is being used to renovate the Golden Temple.
Ans. Before entering the premises of the temple, visitors are required to cover their heads and remove their shoes.