Giaravahin Sharif is one of the prime festivals of Muslims. The festival of Giaravahin Sharif is celebrated mostly by the people of Sunni sect. The festival is celebrated to mark the demise of ‘Abdul Qadir Gilani’ who was known as the founder of Sufi order or Sufism in the world.
Abdul Qadir Gilani was a great religious preacher and an ascetic person and had a very liberal thought and ideology.
He was also known by another name ‘Mohiuddin’ which means ‘The Reviver of the Religion’ and also as al Hasani wa’l-Husayni.
He is considered as the descendant of prophet Mohammad as his mother was the direct descendant of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad.
Ten Lines on Giaravahin Sharif in English
We have provided ten lines on Giaravahin Sharif in English for class 3, class 4, class 5 and class 6. After reading these lines you will know as what is Giaravahin Sharif, who celebrates Giaravahin Sharif, who is remembered on Giaravahin Sharif, when Abdul Qadir Gilani was born, when Giaravahin Sharif is celebrated, where the holy shrine of Abdul Qadir Gilani is located etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Giaravahin Sharif as well as related topics like month of Giaravahin Sharif, facts on Giaravahin Sharif, Giaravahin Sharif celebration time or few lines on Giaravahin Sharif.
10 Lines on Giaravahin Sharif – Set 1
1) Giaravahin Sharif is a Muslim festival which is celebrated mostly by the Sunni sect.
2) It is celebrated to remember Abdul Qadir Gilani, a great ascetic.
3) Abdul Qadir Gilani is considered to be the descendant of Prophet Mohammad.
4) He was a great Islamic scholar who was born in 11th century CE.
5) Abdul Qadir Gilani was very liberal and he was the founder of Sufi sect of Islam.
6) He was born in Iran, some 40 km away from the city of Baghdad.
7) Giaravahin Sharif is celebrated on the 11th day of Rabi-al-Thani in the lunar calendar.
8) It is celebrated by much enthusiasm by the Sunni Muslim people.
9) Many devotees visit the holy shrine of Abdul Qadir Gilani located in Baghdad, Iraq.
10) Muslim clerics and scholars share the teachings of Sufism and Islam to the people.
We have provided another set of ten points on Giaravahin Sharif for class 9, class 10, class 11 and class 12. After going through these points, you will find that who was Abdul Qadir Gilani, when Abdul Qadir Gilani was born, who were the parents of Abdul Qadir Gilani, which Sufi order was founded by Abdul Qadir Gilani, when and where Giaravahin Sharif festival is celebrated etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Giaravahin Sharif and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Giaravahin Sharif – Set 2
1) Giaravahin Sharif is one of the Muslim festivals which is celebrated across the world and especially by the Sunni Muslim denomination of Islam.
2) It is celebrated in order to remember one of the religious preachers and ascetic, Abdul Qadir Gilani, who is believed to have started Sufism.
3) The birthday of Abdul Qadir Gilani is celebrated by the Muslims on 1st Ramadan, which lies in the ninth month of Islamic Hijri calendar.
4) Abdul Qadir Gilani is believed to be the descendent of Prophet Mohammad, as his mother was the direct relative of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Mohammad.
5) Abdul Qadir Gilani was born to ‘Sheikh Abu Saleh Moosa’ and ‘Sayyida Bibi Ummul Khair Fatima’ at Gilan province in the modern day of Iran.
6) He was the founder of ‘Qadiriyya Tariqa’ which is a part of Sufi order as he considered as the founder of Sufism in Islam.
7) The death anniversary of Abdul Qadir Gilani is known as ‘Giaravahin Sharif’, celebrated on the 11th day of Rabi-al-Thani, the 4th month of Islamic calendar.
8) Giaravahin Sharif is celebrated with much fervour by the Sunni Muslims all over the world and the devotees visit the shrine of Abdul Qadir Gilani in Baghdad.
9) In India, the Kashmiri Muslims observe ‘Urs’ on ‘Peer Dastagir Sahib’ shrine of Abdul Qadir Gilani in Srinagar, which continues for eleven days.
10) Muslim clerics and scholars give sermons to the people about teachings of Sufism and Quran to the people present there to celebrate the event.
Giaravahin Sharif is celebrated with much fervour by the Sunni Muslim sect mainly in Baghdad, Iraq where the shrine of Abdul Qadir Gilani is located. The birthday of Abdul Qadir Gilani is celebrated on the 11th day of Rabi-us-Sani of the Islamic calendar. In India also, the Kashmiri Muslims gather is large mass on the shrine of Abdul Qadir Gilani in Srinagar to celebrate his ‘Urs’ or yearly commemoration which continues for eleven days.