The Indian Constitution provides fundamental rights so that it can meet the basic criteria of democracy. There are 6 fundamental rights that are provided by the Indian Constitution. But, when we talk about rights we forget about our duties. Whenever we perform duties, we can proudly ask for rights. To ensure this, the Indian constitution has given some duties to follow.
The duties come under the Article 51A of the Indian constitution and are to be obeyed by every citizen of India. Mentioned below are 10 lines over these duties denoting the importance and highlighted points.
Ten Lines on Fundamental Duties of India in English
1) The fundamental duties are added to the Constitution of India in the year 1976.
2) They were added in the 42nd amendment of the Indian Constitution.
3) The 42nd Amendment is considered to be a historical amendment implemented by the constitution of India.
4) The citizens of India are supposed to respect the constitution.
5) All the citizens are bound to obey the National Flag and Anthem.
6) The fundamental duties ask the citizen to safeguard public property.
7) It has a provision that deals with the situation to protect the culture of India.
8) These fundamental duties were added upon the recommendation of the Swaran Singh Committee.
9) There is a total of 11 fundamental duties.
10) Initially, there were 10 fundamental duties and 11th was added in the year 2002.
1) The fundamental duties ask Indian citizens that they should be available at the time of national duties.
2) The fundamental duties are a part of Directive Principles.
3) The citizens of India are liable to promote harmony and brotherhood.
4) These duties are a measure to warn the citizens not to conduct any anti-national activities.
5) The fundamental duties fall in part IV-A of the constitution.
6) These duties are divided into Moral and Civic duties.
7) These duties can’t be forced by a court of law, but they are subject to the state.
8) However, there is no legal procedure when they are not followed.
9) The citizens are required to uphold the sovereignty and integrity of India.
10) These duties inspire the citizens and promote a sense of discipline.
The fundamental duties are very important things and should be obeyed by every citizen of India. They are an absolute part of fundamental rights. Fundamental duties, however, have been criticized many times but are an integral part of the constitution. These give a sense of patriotism and teach about moral values. These duties if followed in a mannered way can lead to a formation of a good nation.