Dev Uthani Ekadashi is a festival which is celebrated annually by the Hindus during the month of October/November. Dev Uthani Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, as this is the time when he awakes from his four months long sleep.
10 Lines on Diwali || 10 Lines on Dev Deepawali
The four months of sleep are known as “Chaturmas” where all the pious and auspicious works are stopped.
After the start of Dev Uthani Ekadashi, all the religious functions including marriages resumes for a longer period.
Dev Uthani Ekadashi is also known as Prabodhini Ekadashi. During Dev Uthani Ekadashi, two major events, one is Tulsi Vivah and another is Dev Deepawali occurs.
Ten Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi in English
We have provided ten lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi in English. After reading these lines you will find that who celebrates Dev Uthani Ekadashi, why Dev Uthani Ekadashi is celebrated, in which states Dev Uthani Ekadashi is celebrated, when Dev Uthani Ekadashi is celebrated, what is Dev Shayani Ekadashi, what activities are performed in Dev Uthani Ekadashi etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Dev Uthani Ekadashi as well as related topics like Dev Uthani Ekadashi Katha, rituals of Dev Uthani Ekadashi, Tulsi Vivah, Dev Deepawali etc.
10 Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi – Set 1
1) Dev Uthani Ekadashi is an annual festival which is celebrated by the Hindus worldwide.
2) This festival is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the caretaker of the world.
3) Dev Uthani Ekadashi is celebrated in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Maharashtra etc.
4) It is celebrated in the month of October-November every year.
5) Dev Uthani Ekadashi is observed after four months of Dev Shayani Ekadashi.
6) In Dev Shayani Ekadashi, it is believed that Lord Vishnu goes to sleep for four months.
7) After four months of long sleep, Lord Vishnu is awakened on the Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
8) In Hindu families, all the big, religious and auspicious works starts from this day.
9) People worship Lord Vishnu and organise ‘Satyanarayana Puja’ and Katha in home.
10) On Dev Uthani Ekadashi, people observe fast or only rely on fruits and vegetables.
We have provided another set of ten lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi. After going through these lines, you will know that why Dev Uthani Ekadashi is important, what is the time period of Dev Uthani Ekadashi, what are other names of Dev Uthani Ekadashi, Dev Uthani Ekadashi is dedicated to which deity, what major festivals are celebrated during Dev Uthani Ekadashi etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Dev Uthani Ekadashi and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
Read Also : 10 Lines on Govardhan Puja
10 Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi – Set 2
1) Dev Uthani Ekadashi is one of the festivals which is celebrated by the Hindus after a long four months period of halt of all the auspicious work.
2) As per Hindu calendar, Dev Uthani Ekadashi falls on the eleventh lunar day in Karthik month and in October-November as per Gregorian calendar.
3) Dev Uthani Ekadashi is also known as ‘Prabodhini Ekadashi’ and ‘Devotthan Ekadashi’ etc when all the religious pious work gets resumed.
4) The meaning of Prabodhini Ekadashi in Sanskrit means awakening, as on this day Lord Vishnu is awakened from long sleep.
5) Dev Uthani Ekadashi is a ritual when Lord Vishnu is awakened who is considered sleeping for four months during Dev Shayani Ekadashi.
6) The period when Lord Vishnu goes to sleep is known as “Dev Shayani Ekadashi”, its period is of four months where all the auspicious work gets stopped.
7) Devotees observe fast on Dev Uthani Ekadashi and the great function of “Tulsi Vivah” is also celebrated when marriage of Lord Vishnu and Tulsi occurs.
8) During Tulsi Vivah, the ceremony of marrying Tulsi plant, an incarnation of “Vrinda” to “Shaligram”, an incarnation of Vishnu, is performed.
9) On Dev Uthani Ekadashi, people keep fast and awake whole night in order to perform puja and kirtan of Lord Vishnu in the temples and in houses.
10) ‘Karthik Purnima’ comes after Dev Uthani Ekadashi when festival of ‘Dev Deepawali’ is celebrated when lots of earthen lamps are lighted on the ‘Ghats’.
The third set of Ten Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi has been provided below for perusal of our avid readers that will give you the detail information through these ten points. These facts will also explain about the Tulsi marriage done in Hindu families for receiving the blessings of Lord Vishnu and Parvati.
Through these points from set of Ten Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi you will know the significance, the method of worship and the mythological facts about this festival.
10 Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi – Set 3
1) Ekadashi (the eleventh day) of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month is known as Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
2) It is known by the names Dev Uthani Ekadashi or Prabodhini Ekadashi.
3) It is believed that Lord Vishnu wakes up after a four-month sleep in the Kshira Sea (Kshirasagar: a mythological place according to Hinduism).
4) On the day of Ekadashi of Kartik month, Lord Vishnu wakes up and after his awakening all kinds of auspicious works begin again.
5) Tulsi marriage is performed on the day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
6) On this day Tulsi ji is married to Shaligram.
7) If a person does not have a daughter and wants to get the pleasure of donating the girl in life, then he/she can get it done by marrying Tulsi as a daughter.
8) People whose married life is not very good, they perform Tulsi marriage for a happy married life.
9) It is believed that the sins of many births are destroyed by getting Tulsi married.
10) Performing Tulsi Puja brings prosperity and peace to the devotees.
The forth set of Ten Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi will provide you some special information about this Ekadashi that has a great importance in Hinduism. Going through the text you will know the date of celebration this year as well as these points will tell you about the mythological aspects of this day.
This set of Ten Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi will also emphasise on the facts that it incorporates with the marriage of Lord Vishnu with Tulsi and about a long sleep of Lord Vishnu.
10 Lines on Dev Uthani Ekadashi – Set 4
1) According to the English calendar, this Ekadashi falls in November every year.
2) Dev Uthani Ekadashi has a special religious significance for the Indian Hindu community.
3) According to Hindu beliefs, Lord Vishnu, the creator of the universe, wakes up on the day of Dev Uthani Ekadashi after sleeping continuously for four months.
4) On this day, Lord Vishnu married Tulsi in the form of Shaligram.
5) All the auspicious works like marriage and others begin with the Ekadashi.
6) It is customary to have Tulsi and Vishnu married on the day of Ekadashi of Kartik Shukla Paksha.
7) In Tulsi marriage, the Tulsi plant and the idol or Shaligram of Vishnu are married in full Vedic form.
8) This festival is celebrated 11 days after Deepawali.
9) This time in 2019, the Dev Uthani Ekadashi or Tulsi marriage is on 8th November 2019.
10) It is believed that by performing Tulsi marriage on this day, all the troubles get removed and Lord Vishnu fulfills all the wishes of his devotees.
On Dev Uthani Ekadashi, the devotees of Lord Vishnu either keep fast or only rely on fruits. ‘Tulsi Vivah’ is organised in most of the homes as well as in Vishnu or Krishna temples. ‘Kartik Purnima’ which occurs after the Dev Uthani Ekadashi, is celebrated with Dev Deepawali festival organised in Varanasi, where the Ghats of Varanasi and homes of the people, all are lit up with ‘diyas’ and candles. The celebration of Dev Deepawali is a world famous event which is visited by lakhs of tourists both from local as well as abroad.