Prevention of Blindness Week is celebrated every year from 1st April to 7th April to raise the public awareness towards the condition of blind people in India. Blindness is a big issue and it creates lot of painful experiences to the people who are suffering from it.
There are multiple reasons which cause blindness like trachoma, cataract, Vitamin A deficiency and malnutrition.
The campaigns are organized by the government through print media and electronic media with an aim to educate people about various types of eye problems during week long celebration.
The week is celebrated by many health organizations nationwide which organize free eye screening or check up camps.
Ten Lines on Prevention of Blindness Week in English
We have provided ten lines on Prevention of Blindness Week in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on prevention of blindness week, giving speech on prevention of blindness week, or few lines on prevention of blindness week for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
After reading the below lines you will also come to know what is prevention of blindness week, when do we celebrate prevention of blindness week, why do we celebrate prevention of blindness week, what is the importance of prevention of blindness week, how do we celebrate prevention of blindness week etc.
10 Lines on Prevention of Blindness Week – Set 1
1) Prevention of Blindness Week is celebrated every year in India from 1st April to 7th April.
2) It is a national health awareness program focusing on factors causing blindness.
3) The week is observed to awaken people towards measures of preventing blindness.
4) Every year, government, NGOs and civil communities jointly hold awareness programme on elimination of causes of blindness during the week.
5) Around 39 million people worldwide are suffering from blindness and approximately 245 million people have low vision.
6) As per the statistics, around 16 million people in India are suffering from blindness problem and eye related issues.
7) The states with highest number of blind cases in India are Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
8) The Prevention of Blindness Week creates awareness among people about eye problems, prevention, cure and treatments for blindness.
9) Eye donation is a kind initiative which has been taken by many people in India to provide real support to blind people.
10) Various events like free eye check up campaigns, discussions, seminars are organized nationwide to celebrate Prevention of Blindness Week.
Please find below the additional set of 10 points on Prevention of Blindness Week which is written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, speech, paragraphs, articles and essay.
10 Lines on Prevention of Blindness Week – Set 2
1) The Prevention of Blindness Week was first observed in 1960 by NSPB (National Society for the Prevention of Blindness).
2) NSPB, a voluntary organization which works for the prevention of blindness nationwide was founded by Jawaharlal Nehru and Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur.
3) Government and private organization conduct exhibition on eye health and distribute free educational material related with eyes to the public.
4) Primary health centres, industries organize visual eye health screenings in the premises during the Prevention of Blindness Week.
5) Special cataract detection camps are organized by community health centre in villages and rural areas.
6) Prevention of Blindness Week stresses the importance of local and national health administration in controlling eye related diseases and blindness.
7) World Health Organization has launched a global campaign “Right to sight” for the prevention and elimination of blindness by 2020.
8) Various posters, leaflets and hoardings with info on various eye topics are distributed in schools, education institutes and civil communities during a week program.
9) Many events like awareness walks, question and answer session, presentation session with eye specialists mainly doctors are organised nationwide.
10) The school students, teachers, eye doctors, general public participate in the event being organized at various places in country to celebrate Prevention of Blindness Week.
Prevention of Blindness Week provides a unique opportunity to make people alert and aware towards the factors causing eye related problems and blindness. The blindness has affected more than 40 million people worldwide and almost one out of every three people in India is suffering from eye related problems. The government, civil communities and NGOs should work in collaboration in order to take concrete steps for the prevention, cure and treatment of eye related problems, eye injuries, visual impairments and blindness.