A buffalo is a very useful domestic animal, and we can see it very often see around us. Though you would know a lot about it, we have created some sets of 10 lines on Buffalo that will give you some ideas to add in your essays and speeches to make it more Explanatory. You should check all of them right now.
Ten Lines on Buffalo
1) Buffalo is a useful domestic animal tamed by humans for more than 5000 years ago.
2) Buffalo is a large animal with four legs, a long tail and two horns on its head.
3) Buffalo has hooves below its legs, and it has a hump on its back.
4) Buffalo produces a “Grunting” sound which is too low to listen for a human ear.
5) A buffalo is an Herbivorous animal.
6) On average, a buffalo eats up to 10 kg of fodder every day.
7) A buffalo lives up to 25 to 30 years when kept in a good condition.
8) The male buffalo is called a “Bull Buffalo”, and a female buffalo is called a “Cow Buffalo”.
9) When a female buffalo gives birth to its offspring, it is called a “Calf”; it gives birth to 1 calf at a time.
10) There are seven subspecies of buffalo known to the world.
We are providing another set of ten lines on buffalo. After going through these lines, you will know more about buffalo as a domestic animal. You can add these lines in your speech as well as in extempore, paragraph recitation etc in the competition of school.
1) There are 185.29 million buffaloes in the world and 110 million in India.
2) Buffalo lives alone with its calves.
3) When too many buffaloes move in a group, then their group is called “herd”.
4) Buffaloes are good swimmer; they can swim in deep water in search of fodder.
5) When a buffalo becomes angry, it can destroy the surroundings and the field.
6) “Cape buffalo” is a wild breed of buffalo which has the ability to kill a lion.
7) Buffalo is a strong animal which farmers use to plough their field.
8) Buffalo farming is a good business for their milk, meat, skin and horns.
9) It is a profitable business because by taming a large number of buffaloes a person can earn good money by selling milk.
10) Buffaloes have the importance in religious rituals and festivals also and are a part of many rituals in south India.
1) Buffalo is widely domesticated animal across the world, especially for milk.
2) Buffaloes belong to the Bovidae family including animals like yak, goats and domesticated cattle.
3) There are three species of buffalo in the world.
4) The Indian buffaloes are classified under river types and swamp type buffaloes.
5) Buffaloes have been domesticated by humans around 5000 years back for milk and farm works.
6) Buffaloes love water, and therefore, they thrive in areas with good or moderate rainfall.
7) Buffaloes are a vital source of milk in India, producing 55% of the total; milk yield of the country.
8) Buffaloes are hoofed mammals and love to bathe in deep water for hours at a stretch.
9) Buffaloes love to smear their body in mud to cool off as well as protection against insects.
10) Buffaloes in India have descended from Bos Arni buffaloes from northeast India.
1) Both the river and swamp type Indian buffaloes are called Bubalus bubalis.
2) Majority of Indian buffaloes are river type while swamp buffaloes are found mainly in eastern parts.
3) African buffalo or Cape buffalo is heavy, weighing up to 1000 Kgs and the most formidable fighter.
4) Buffalo uses its tail to swap against bugs and insects that pest on its skin.
5) The Indian River buffaloes have a little hump on their back which is more dominant in wild buffaloes.
6) Some Hindu communities in Gujarat believe that buffalo is the ride of goddess Vihat.
7) Indian buffaloes have a significant role in many festivals like “Sadar” a buffalo carnival in Hyderabad.
8) Buffaloes usually live in groups called herds except for the lone bulls who like to wander alone.
9) Indian wild water buffaloes are very rare due to habitat destruction, illegal hunting and diseases.
10) Despite their huge size and weight, water buffaloes could easily be herded even by children.
Buffalo is an important animal in the life of mankind, it gives us milk which contains more fat than cow’s milk, buffaloes’ skin is used in making leather items and horns are used in making buttons. Dairy farming is a very profitable business, and helps to earn good profits by selling of milk and milk products. It will not be wrong to say that buffalo is useful in its life as well as after its death.