Gorillas are big apes which can be found only in Africa. They are big animals in their primate category. An all-black body covered with hair having arms longer than legs is the feature of gorilla. Gorilla runs or moves with both the hands and legs. They are less known to climb the trees and swing from one branch to another branch. Gorillas are known to be one of the powerful animals in the jungle, hence no one dares to attack them.
Generally, gorillas are shy in nature but when they are attacked or provoked, they become angry and can attack also. Gorillas rarely drink water; they eat lots of food from which they get water.
Ten Lines on Gorilla in English
We have provided ten lines on gorilla in English. After reading these lines you can know that what is a gorilla, in which class they belong, where gorillas are found, what is the height of a gorilla, what is the physical description of a gorilla, what and how much a gorilla eats, why gorilla rarely drinks water, how many species of gorillas are in the world etc.
You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph writing in your exam and in school competition. This will also be very helpful if you have been told to write 5 lines on gorilla or few lines on gorilla or facts about gorilla. The lines are easy and can also be used to write 10 lines on gorilla for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4:
10 Lines on Gorilla – Set 1
1) Gorilla is an animal which belongs to the category of ape, which means a “Primate” which doesn’t have tail.
2) Primate is a class of monkeys which means gorillas resembles monkey and have hands, feet and a big brain.
3) Gorillas are found in Cameroon, Central Africa, Democratic Republic of Congo and other parts of Africa.
4) Gorillas also have fur on their body which is of black or grey colour.
5) Gorillas are around 6 feet tall which is equal to a tall human being.
6) Gorillas have two arms which are longer than their legs, sometimes they walk on all four.
7) Gorilla is a herbivores animal which means it eats plants, vegetables, fruits etc.
8) Gorillas eat lots of food; they eat up to 29 kgs of food every day.
9) Gorillas rarely drink water; they get water from the food which they eat.
10) Mainly, there are only five species of gorillas which are known to the world.
We have provided another set of ten lines on gorilla. After going through these lines, you will come to know that how a male and a female gorilla look, what a male gorilla is called, what a group of gorillas is called, how many years a gorilla lives, what was the name of longest living gorilla, where and how gorilla lives, how intelligent is a gorilla etc.
10 Lines on Gorilla – Set 2
1) Generally male gorillas are larger and twice heavier than the females.
2) Male gorillas are called “silverback” due to the patches of silver hair on their back.
3) Gorillas may also move in a group and it is called as a “troop”.
4) In a troop there is only one male gorilla and others are female gorillas with their offsprings.
5) Generally, gorillas live up to 30 to 40 years but when kept in zoo they live up to 50 years.
6) “Colo” a female gorilla lived up to 60 years in an American zoo, it was the oldest gorilla.
7) Every evening, gorillas make nest on the trees in which they sleep at night.
8) Nests are only shared by the mother and their new born offsprings.
9) Gorillas are very intelligent; they can learn and perform difficult tasks.
10) Gorillas have also been taught sign language and they have also learned to form simple sentences and talk with people.
Set - 3
1) Gorilla is the largest of all apes and is very gentle in nature.
2) It is mainly found in forests of the Sub-Saharan region of Africa.
3) Eastern and Western Gorillas are the two species of Gorillas found on earth.
4) A robust body full of hairs, broad chest, large nostrils, long hands, and face without hair are the body features of a gorilla.
5) The skin color of a gorilla is also black as of their body hairs.
6) Gorilla is mainly a herbivore and feeds on different plant parts and fruits.
7) The gestation period in a female gorilla is about 255-300 days.
8) The female gorilla gives birth to single or twin young ones at a time.
9) The offspring of a gorilla is called an infant.
10) The mother gorilla only provides parental care to the born infant.
Set - 4
1) Gorilla is a most fascinating creature that belongs to Family Hominidae.
2) It is genetically linked with human beings as its DNA matches 98.3% with human DNA.
3) Gorilla is social animal and lives in groups called as troops.
4) The group is lead by a mature male gorilla called Silverback that has a strip of silver hair on its back.
5) Gorilla sleeps on the nest that it makes on the ground or trees by using branches and leaves.
6) It drinks less water because the water balance in its body is maintained by eating vegetation.
7) Gorilla produces different types of sounds and gestures to communicate with each other.
8) It is very intelligent and shows emotions like happiness, grief, care, etc.
9) A gorilla has a lifespan of about 35–40 years age.
10) Habitat loss and hunting are the major cause for the decline of the gorilla population in the world.
Gorillas are strong animals and normally they have no enemies but they are also attacked by some predators like leopards. They are also hunted by humans. Other gorillas also attack them when their group moves from one place to another place. Gorillas are found in Africa only, however, they are brought from there and kept in different parts of the world mainly in the zoo.