Although nature is for the benefit of the human, the human is constantly destroying it. We have forgotten that destroying our nature is destroying ourselves. Nature destroys us in many ways like volcanic eruption, earthquake, cyclone or tsunami etc. Acid Rain is one of them about which we are going to read in detail through the sets of 10 lines below. Just have a look at them.
Ten Lines on Acid Rain in English
Some sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Acid Rain are given below for the Students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Language is kept very simple for easiness of everyone, let's start reading:
10 Lines on Acid Rain
1) Acid Rain refers to acidic precipitation.
2) Prime constituents of Acid Rain are Sulphuric Acid and Nitric Acid.
3) Power plants, using fossil fuels, are the prime source of Acid Rain.
4) Vehicle and transportation pollution is also responsible for Acid Rain.
5) Natural cause like large Volcanic Eruptions also causes it.
6) Increase in environmental concentration of Carbon Dioxide is also responsible for the occurrence of Acid Rain.
7) It damages forests and causes the extinction of many species.
8) Acid Rain also causes damage to historical monuments.
9) We can eliminate it by reducing emissions from the usage of fossil fuels.
10) ‘Liming’ is an expensive but effective way of reducing the acidity of water bodies.
10 Lines and Sentences on Acid Rain
1) Any acidic precipitation is a kind of Acid Rain.
2) Acid rain is the effect of the increasing emission of Sulphur Dioxide and Nitrogen Oxide.
3) Sulphur Dioxide and Nitrogen Oxide on reaching the atmosphere react with water molecules resulting in Acid rain.
4) Acid rain adversely affects vegetation and animal species on a large scale.
5) Highly acidic rain can even burn metals and affect historical monuments.
6) Increasing pollution and volcanic eruptions are the prime causes of Acid rain.
7) Acid rain can affect the habitat of lakes and rivers etc. and damage their ecosystem.
8) Acid rain has caused the decay of many statues at Oakland University.
9) Avoiding burning of fossil fuel, reducing transport and industrial pollution can reduce acid rain.
10) Harnessing renewable sources is a way to fight acid rain.
5 Lines on Acid Rain
1) Rainwater mixed with several elements causes acid rain.
2) Acid rain is increasing daily because of pollution.
3) Acid rain is very dangerous for the skin.
4) Acid rain can cause several diseases in humans.
5) Famous monument Taj Mahal’s color has been fading because of acid rain.
20 Lines on Acid Rain
1) Acid rain is an extension of air pollution.
2) The acidification of rainwater depends on the rate of production and consumption of hydrogen ions.
3) The acid rain is damaging our forests and other natural resources.
4) It is also damaging old buildings and monuments.
5) The reason for acid rain is the mixing of some harmful chemicals in our atmosphere,
6) The pH factor of the acid rain is less than 5.6.
7) Due to acid rain, the smell of the environment changes, the eyes and body start to irritate, and breathing becomes difficult.
8) Due to acid rain, diseases like bronchitis, asthma and cancer can occur.
9) This also causes food and drinking water to deteriorate as well.
10) Due to acid rain, the water becomes toxic due to which the water organisms have a bad effect.
11) In acid rain, there are many types of precipitation such as rain, haze, snowfall etc. which is generally more acidic.
12) Burning fossil fuels releases acidic contents in the air leading to air pollution and then Acid Rain.
13) Acidic mist reaches the atmosphere and combines with soil particles, which later accumulates on the flora in the form of acids.
14) When it rains, it starts to leak from the accumulated things, which then take the form of acidic dew.
15) Acid precipitation is mixing of dry and wet acidic deposits on the Earth's surface from the atmosphere.
16) The quantity of toxic metals like copper, cadmium, aluminium etc. also starts increasing.
17) Due to acid rain, hydrogen ions and nutrients in the soil like potassium, magnesium, etc. are processed, which makes the soil unfertile.
18) Due to acid rain, the water of rivers, ponds etc. starts to become toxic, and their pH starts decreasing.
19) Many historical buildings also corrode due to acid rain.
20) Many monuments such as Taj-Mahal present in Agra have suffered a lot due to acid rain.
Both human-induced, as well as natural factors, are responsible for Acid Rain. The contributions of human-induced factors are much more for the occurrence of Acid Rain as compared to the natural causes. Natural causes of Acid Rain include the eruption of volcanoes and heavy lightning strikes (lightening strikes produces Nitrogen Oxide, NOX). The occurrence of Acid Rain can be reduced by regulating the use of fossil fuels and taking prudent steps towards reducing the release of SO2 and NOX by human activities.