Natural resources and its importance for human life is an important issue for people on earth. Now it is necessary to have knowledge about the need and importance of natural resources as well as spread complete awareness by focusing on its hazardous effects due to the unavailability of these resources. We have provided here some essays on natural resources with detailed knowledgeable information. Essays are divided in two categories; long and short essay on natural resources.
Sample Essay on Natural Resources for Students
Essay 1 (400 words)
Natural resources are those precious gifts for us that are much important for living on this earth. These are air, water, land, trees, wood, soil, minerals, petroleum, metals and sunshine. These resources cannot be created or produced by human being but just can be modified in different manner so that we can use it in better way.
Types of Resources:
Natural resources are mainly divided in two types of categories, these are: Renewal Resources and Non Renewal resources
- Renewal Resources: Renewal resources are those resources which can be regained and reformed after consumption like water, air, sunlight, land, wood, soil, plants and animals. Some are limited in quantity; these are water, plants, animals and fresh air. Without making managed system of consuming these renewal resources we would not be able to get it back in future for the use of our coming generations.
- Non renewal resources: Natural resources that cannot be reproduced and are available in fixed amount on earth are referred as Non Renewal resources. On the earth, they are found below the land like minerals, metals, petroleum and coal. All these are in limited stock and very useful and important for living life.
Different resources are used for different purposes:
- Air is used for wind energy.
- Water is used for drinking and producing hydroelectric energy.
- Plants and trees give us vegetables, fruits, cotton, wood and by using wood we can make paper, furniture and house too.
- Animals give us milk and their skin is used for making lather clothes, shoes, purses, belts, etc.
- Sunlight is used for making us warm and produces solar energy.
- Oil is used as fuel for transportation and electricity.
- Minerals and metals are used for making coins, steel, and jewelry.
- Coal is used to make electricity.
Natural resources are too much essential for survival on this earth. Without them we cannot imagine our human life. All resources are either directly or indirectly connected with others.
Some resources are produced from other resources for example oxygen and wood are produced by plants and trees; energy can be produced from wind, water and sunlight in different forms. Various secrets of natural resources are still hidden behind the nature and the earth. No one can get the actual source of it. We should follow preservation method for using these resources in such manner that they could always be available for us in future for many centuries coming ahead.
Essay 2 (600 words)
Resources obtained from nature are called natural resources and are very essential for survival on earth for human being. Natural resources are air, water, sunlight, forest, land, rock, soil, petroleum, metal and minerals. Land, sunlight, wind and rock have unlimited availability on the earth.
Apart from these resources, other natural resources are divided in two categories:
- Renewal Resources: Renewal resources are those which can be reproduced and regenerated by the efforts of people and some kind of extra care. These resources are plants, fresh air, water, land and animals.
- Non Renewal Resources: Non renewal resources are those which are limited in quantity and never be regained either from earth or by human efforts. These resources are petroleum, coal, minerals and metals.
Apart from these two categories of natural resources, other categories are also defined to differentiate Natural Resources:
Biotic and abiotic resources:
- Biotic resources: These resources are those natural resources which are obtained from global system and have life-like plants, trees and animals.
- Abiotic resources: These resources are those natural resources which are non living like, air, water, land, soil, minerals and metals.
Different resources are used for different purposes:
This whole world or universe depends on natural resources in different manner. A human life cannot be imagined or possible without these resources. Different resources have their individual importance in a human life like we need oxygen in air for taking breath and only trees produce oxygen by taking carbon dioxide from air. Sunlight gives us heat that is must for our daily requirements.
Plants require land, soil and water to grow and changes in form of fruitful trees. Tree gives us fresh air, fruits, vegetables, wood, etc. By using wood we make paper and different types of furniture. Water is most essential resource after oxygen for human being. Water animals like fish is used to fulfil starvation of many people and other big water animals.
Other natural resources like petroleum, minerals, coal, etc are used for different types of purposes. Different types of energy can be produced by different resources like solar energy can be produced by sun light, hydro electric energy is produced by using water, wind energy is produced by wind, electricity is produced by coal and water is boiled by burning coal to produce electricity.
Minerals and metals are found deep under the ground and used to make coins, gold, steel and many other things that are needed for our daily routine life. Petroleum, the essential resource given by nature is refined and converted into fuel for transportation.
Availability of Natural resources:
Some of these resources are available on the earth since ancient time even from starting of the civilization like air, water, sunlight, land, plants and animals. Rest resources like metals, minerals, coal and petroleum are found due to the efforts of human after civilization. Different types of energy, wood, cotton cloths, leather materials and expensive ornaments were developed using technologies by human as per the need.
Some non renewal resources are very limited and rarely found on this earth like petroleum and metals, some specific places are reserved on earth from where these resources are obtained. In India, around hundred types of minerals are produced at different places which are very important for financial profits at national level, as we export these minerals to other countries and import some other minerals which are not found in India. In case of petroleum, each country has its different percentage of production of petroleum and do import or export of petroleum according to their consumption need.
Effects of destroying natural resources:
Resources that are found in a natural form and are not produced by human being are natural resources. Use and consumption of these resources matters a lot for future of human life. In current situation forest are left in very few quantities because of the increased population (people cut trees to get wood, paper and land for making building over there).
Animals are also killed for the personal need of human-like enjoying food and making leather goods from skin of different animals. If we still do not understand the importance of forests and animals, result will be hazardous for all. Without fresh air and water, human life will be impossible in future. Thus, to avoid this critical situation, we need to grow plants and limit our consumption of resources like water, electricity, oil, etc.