Unemployment is one of the major crises in India which is affecting several people residing here especially to the youth generation. This major problem needs the full attention of the government along with citizens of the country in an equal manner so that we can prevent or end this issue completely from our country. In this section, we have given detailed information about this social problem of unemployment in India with causes, impacts and solutions in the form of essays with different words count.
Sample Essay on Unemployment for Students
Essay 1 (400 words)
Unemployment, the major concern, which is becoming the biggest barrier in the development of our country, needs strict and proper attention from all sectors of India including government or nongovernment organizations. Unemployment has been a major problem in India for many years and affected many people physically and mentally.
Most of the young age people, who have a professional degree, have to struggle for a good and suitable job for themselves due to an underdeveloped and inefficient education system and lack of vacancies in relevant sectors of major companies in India.
Causes and Effects:
Various causes exist behind the failure of a person in getting a better job for him or her like:
- First of all the overpopulation of the country, which brings competition in all professional sectors.
- The ineffective education system, which fails in the proper development of a student as a professional employee with complete knowledge including theoretical information and practical experiences.
- Underdeveloped rural areas from where people are moving towards the developed urban areas for finding a job or other professional career.
- Underdeveloped business sectors are still not an attraction for students as a working place like the agriculture field and cottage industries.
- Due to the recession in the major sectors of business firms, the situation of removal of employees and unemployment occurs.
- Underemployment is the second version of unemployment which occurs in that situation when people fail to get a job of their own choice and have to compromise in terms of low salary or low-level jobs according to their qualifications.
Effects and Results of unemployment:
Firstly unemployment becomes the reason for the downfall of a country in terms of its economic situation and also encourages criminal affairs. Due to being unemployed people are forced to take wrong decisions for the survival of the family. Sometimes they got trapped in criminal occurrence and some time went into a deep mental depression. The hazardous results come in case of unemployment when the victim person or his/her family members are forced to commit suicide due to the poor financial condition of the family because of unemployment.
Unemployment is the situation when people are unable to find a suitable job or any kind of other occupation for earning the monthly income needed for the survival of their family. It’s time for giving attention to this major issue of unemployment which can be the reason for the destruction of a family and our country. Solutions are many but without doing efforts no problem can be solved thus it is our combined duty along with the government to recover this critical situation of unemployment too in an efficient manner.
Essay 2 (600 words)
India is a developing country and many social issues or problems are still becoming the reason for the non-development of our country, Unemployment is one of them which is one of the biggest crises in India. Unemployment is the situation when a qualified person could not able to get a suitable job for him.
In India, the problem of unemployment has been rapidly increasing in recent past years due to the increased population and the major downfall in many business sectors. Recession in many business companies led the problem of unemployment and also affects many of the families whose survival depends on the monthly income getting from that company.
Difference between unemployment and Underemployment:
Unemployment or underemployment is almost the same with a thin line difference like in case of underemployment, people have a source of earning in the form of a job but not as per their qualification or education level. A low salary job for a higher educated person also comes under the category of underemployment.
A person who is able to do full-time work but due to lack of resources or situation they are forced to do part-time work also. These are the cases of underemployed people which is slightly different from the situation of unemployed people.
Reason of unemployment in India:
Though many reasons led to the problem of unemployment in India some are:
- Increased population: Due to the increased population, people could not able to get a job as various applicants apply for the same job.
- Education system: Ineffective and low-quality education system providing theoretical knowledge prevents students to get practical and knowledgeable education which becomes the cause of unemployment in India.
- Lack of career opportunity: Major downfall in various sectors in India has less number of opportunities for aspiring candidates.
- Lack of interest in the industrial sector: Mostly youth generation is attracted to a particular job profile and does not show interest in the industrial sector.
- Underemployment: The migration of people from rural to urban areas to become part of the crowd, also lead the situation of unemployment.
- Preference to Experienced: Criteria of selecting candidates with having an experience rather than fresher, this leads to the problem of unemployment.
Impact of unemployment on people:
The problem of Unemployment in India gives birth to various other issues that are completely too hazardous for young generations, these are:
- Due to mental stress, people came into position of depression.
- Sometimes they are forced to choose the way of crime and violence to get income for the survival of their family.
- To avoid the mental situation due to unemployment, people are haunted by bad habits of drugs and alcohol.
- Sometimes they are forced to commit suicide due to mental pressure.
How to recover from this problem:
To overcome this situation of unemployment in India various ways can find out some of these are:
- The population should be controlled in a manner to provide more job opportunities for limited people.
- The education system and quality of education in the country’s professional institutes should be improved in order to provide technical and practical knowledge so that they can face all situations in their professional career very efficiently.
- The government should focus on improvement of each and every sector individually especially agriculture so that people could not be forced to move from rural to urban areas for getting better job opportunities.
- The development of rural areas is required to prevent the migration of people from those places so that they can get the opportunity of a job without moving from there.
The national crisis of unemployment affects a huge population of India especially a youth generation who are the future leader of our country. Thus the result of unemployment comes in the form of the nondevelopment of nation. Though the government has taken too many steps regarding remove this problem from India but still could not be able to get complete success. It’s time for people of India along with the government to become together and face this problem with unity.