Zero Discrimination Day is celebrated on 1st March every year in order to raise the awareness among people about equality and rising discrimination in the society on the basis of gender, caste, religion, sexual orientation, health conditions etc.
Discrimination violates the human rights and hampers the growth of progressing nation. The day is also observed by organisations like United Nation and UNAIDS to combat the stigma and discrimination faced by the people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Campaigners around the globe utilize the occasion to raise their voice against the discrimination faced by people due to policies and laws of nation like the discrimination against LGBTI community in India through section 377 which criminalises homosexuality.
Ten Lines on Zero Discrimination Day in English
We have provided ten lines on zero discrimination day in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on zero discrimination day, giving speech on zero discrimination day, or few lines on zero discrimination day for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
After reading the below lines you will come to know what is zero discrimination day, when do we celebrate zero discrimination day, why do we celebrate zero discrimination day, what is the importance of zero discrimination Day, how do we celebrate zero discrimination day etc.
10 Lines on Zero Discrimination Day – Set 1
1) The Zero Discrimination Day is celebrated every year on 1st March in order to promote equality before the law of land.
2) The program celebration aims to highlight the different types of discriminations like gender, sex, ethnicity and physical disability.
3) The day was first celebrated on March 1st, 2014 by the United Nations along with UNAIDS, a joint program of United Nations to combat AIDS.
4) The Zero Discrimination Day is celebrated annually to promote the right of people to live their lives without any partiality in society.
5) The Zero Discrimination Day is observed every year to encourage people to celebrate the individuality and appreciate their talent and skills.
6) Zero Discrimination Day is celebrated by organising public speeches, talk shows and debates.
7) Every year, the day is celebrated across the globe with a theme to promote equality.
8) Zero Discrimination Day 2019 theme was “Act to Change Laws that Discriminate”.
9) The day also helps to prevent the violations of human rights through awareness campaigns.
10) The observance of Zero Discrimination Day helps in fighting the battle of stigma and discrimination faced by people infected by HIV.
Please find below an additional set of 10 points on Zero Discrimination Day which is written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, speech, paragraphs, articles and essay.
10 Lines on Zero Discrimination Day – Set 2
1) The Zero Discrimination Day provides an opportunity to an individual to create fair and unbiased society.
2) Many countries organize photo exhibitions, film screenings, concerts, storytelling event and seminars to celebrate the day.
3) Zero Discrimination Day celebration also helps in fighting the stigma, discrimination faced by people who are transgender, gay or lesbian.
4) Zero Discrimination Day observance prevents the discrimination based on health conditions of people like HIV or any mental disorder.
5) The goal of celebrating Zero Discrimination Day is to create the environment for sustainable human development around the world.
6) Zero Discrimination Day celebration helps to inspire the compassion and tolerance among the people around the world.
7) United Nation and UNAIDS conduct programs to highlight the issues like inequality and discrimination based on gender, ethnicity and religion.
8) The nations around the world launch new initiatives and policies in coordination with United Nations to eliminate and curb discrimination.
9) On Zero Discrimination Day, offices, schools, college and institutes conduct programs to educate people about various types of discrimination faced by people in society.
10) The symbol of the Zero Discrimination Day is butterfly which is widely used by people around the globe to share their thoughts for eliminating discrimination.
The people of poor and under developing nations around the world are of greater risk of facing the discrimination based on caste, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and ethnicity. Discrimination of any form disrupts the sustainable growth of the society as well as nation. As an individual, we can take lot of initiatives for eliminating the discrimination from the society. We should take part in the government campaigns against discrimination, try to garner the support of leaders and influential people in the society for right to equality, and raise funds for people who are suffering from health conditions and discrimination.