Word Wildlife Day is celebrated every year on 3rd March to raise public awareness about the importance of wildlife in human life. Wildlife provides food to many, replenishes natural resources, provides green spaces and is a source of livelihood to many. On World Wildlife Day, people around the world, government and non government organisations, environmentalists and youths come together to celebrate the day with an aim to create awareness about protecting the wildlife for our sustainable future.
Ten Lines on World Wildlife Day in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on World Wildlife Day in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can use these lines in your assignments, essays or paragraphs writing in your exam or any competition. It will help you to know about World Wildlife Day in detail.
10 Lines on World Wildlife Day
1) World Wildlife Day is celebrated to raise awareness among people about the world’s flora and fauna on March 3rd every year.
2) On 20th December 2013, the United Nations in its 68th assembly session decided to observe 3rd March as World Wildlife Day.
3) The day is celebrated to create awareness about the importance of wildlife for humanity and the planet.
3) Wildlife refers to all organisms that live wild in the region without having a direct conflict with humans.
4) Every year, government, NGOs and civil communities jointly hold awareness programme on wildlife benefits on the occasion.
5) Wildlife helps in preserving and balancing the biologically diverse ecosystem by providing stability to various natural processes of nature.
6) World Wildlife Day celebration aims at protecting millions of endangered species present on land and ocean.
7) Every year, the day is celebrated around the globe with a theme in order to focus the attention of the public about the value of wildlife.
8) World Wildlife Day 2019 theme was “Life below Water: For People and Planet”.
9) Nations organize various events like lectures, exhibitions, panel discussions, seminars to celebrate World Wildlife Day.
10) Schools organize various competitions like painting, film screening, essay writing and a quiz competition on the occasion.
10 Lines and Sentences on World Wildlife Day
1) The celebration of World Wildlife Day recognizes the contribution of wildlife which provides us food, medicines and environmental benefits.
2) Photograph exhibitions, art competitions, short film festivals are also organized at the international level on the occasion.
3) Nearly 74000 species of plants and animals are getting extinct annually due to ever-changing climatic conditions.
4) World Wildlife Day gives an opportunity to create awareness among the people about the diversity of marine life.
5) Wildlife is crucial for us as they provide clean air needed for the survival of humans, a lush green forest full of vast amounts of natural resources.
6) Encroachment on wildlife habitat areas has increased due to the burgeoning population in urban areas.
7) Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna (CITES) and the UN are engaged on an international level for protecting wildlife.
8) World Wildlife Day celebration stresses the urgency to fight against wildlife crime and human encroachment.
9) United Nations organizes workshops to deal with issues like poaching, smuggling, habitat loss through deforestation at various places across the globe on World Wildlife Day.
10) The school students, conservationists, academicians, environmentalists participate in the event being organized at various places in India to celebrate World Wildlife Day.
5 Lines on World Wildlife Day
1) It is globally observed on 3rd March.
2) Flora and fauna are celebrated on this day.
3) It was started by the United Nations General Assembly.
4) It aware peoples the importance of wildlife.
5) The day promotes the conservation of wildlife.
20 Lines on World Wildlife Day
1) World Wildlife Day is celebrated all over the world on 3rd March every year.
2) Announcement to celebrate March 3rd every year as ‘World Wildlife Day’ was made by the United Nations General Assembly on 20th December 2013 in its 68th session.
3) Wildlife Day was first celebrated in the year 2014.
4) For the first time in the history of Wildlife Day, the year 2019 focused on the species of aquatic animals.
5) The theme of Wildlife Day this year was “Life Below Water: For People and Planet”.
6) The aim of World Wildlife Day is to establish awareness, cooperation, and coordination towards conservation of wildlife on a global scale.
7) This day motivates us to take immediate steps against wildlife crime, which is widespread.
8) According to the International Union for Conservation of Nature, 3,947 species, subspecies of organisms are described as critically endangered.
9) Similarly, the existence of a 1975 plant, plant and other micro-organisms is in danger.
10) On the occasion of this World Wildlife Day, we should spread awareness about the importance of marine species in sustainable development.
11) ‘World Wildlife Day’ was first proposed by Thailand during the 16th Session of CITES in 2013, Bangkok.
12) On 20 December 2013, the United Nations General Assembly announced to celebrate March 3 every year as ‘World Wildlife Day’.
13) ‘Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species’ was signed by 183 countries to jointly protect threatened organisms and flora on this day.
14) The CITES Secretariat was appointed by the United Nations General Assembly as an instructor for ‘World Wildlife Day’.
15) This year’s Wildlife Day is directly linked to the 14th Sustainable Development Goal, formulated by the United Nations, with a focus on “sustainable use of marine resources”.
16) The purpose of CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) was to protect the wildlife of the Earth.
17) To maintain the existence of human life on earth, the presence of wildlife and plants is essential.
18) ‘World Wildlife Day’ is a good initiative to honor and thank our rich forests and fauna.
19) On the day of ‘World Wildlife Day’ analysis of potential hazards on wildlife is done, and methods and procedures to overcome them are considered.
20) To spread awareness about the importance of wildlife, celebrating World Wildlife Day is a meaningful step.
World Wildlife Day is celebrated every year to create awareness among the public about the values and benefits of preserving wildlife which is a very crucial part of our ecosystem. The awareness campaign promotes the protection of wildlife and natural resource. As cities are growing, the demand for land has increased manifold which has led to the encroachment of the ecological system. The government, civil communities, and NGOs should work in collaboration to preserve the wildlife which is essential for the survival of mankind on planet earth.