Yoga is a way to keep you fit, active and positive throughout the day. We all are well aware of its benefits but let’s have some other information about it through the sets of 10 lines given below. Just check them to make you prepare for any speech or essay competition on the topic.
Ten Lines on Yoga in English
You can find here some well written sets of 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Yoga for children and students of Classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 to get help in their school assignments.
10 Lines on Yoga
1) Yoga originated in northern India during Indus-Saraswati Civilization.
2) Pre-classical Yoga was a mismatch of various beliefs and traditions often contradicting each other.
3) Patanjali is famous as the father of modern yoga.
4) Patanjali gave the first systematic presentation of yoga known as “Yoga Sutra”.
5) Post-classical yoga gave importance to the human body as a tool for attaining enlightenment.
6) Modern Yoga evolved in the 1800s-1900s.
7) Modern Yoga is a technique of cleaning mind and body and developing a spiritual connection between the two.
8) There are 11 types of modern-day yoga practised today.
9) Performing yoga has physical as well as psychological health benefits.
10) International Yoga Day falls on 21st June every year since 2015.
10 Lines and Sentences on Yoga
1) Yoga is a mental, physical, and spiritual practice which helps in attaining a great mind, body and soul.
2) The word ‘Yoga’ has descended from Sanskrit language which refers to ‘union’.
3) Yoga has originated in ancient India and dates back to the pre-Vedic times.
4) Yoga helps fights stress, improves the immune system, flexibility, health and overall personality.
5) A study shows that around 16 million people in US practice yoga.
6) The six branches of yoga are Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Mantra Yoga and Hath Yoga.
7) Pranayam is a kind of yoga dealing with a breathing exercise.
8) ‘Yoga Sutras of Patanjali’ contains a collection of 196 sutras on the practice of yoga.
9) International Yoga Day comes on 21st June to spread the awareness of Yoga and its benefits.
10) Yoga is not just another form of exercise, but it is an approach to the inner well being of mankind.
5 Lines on Yoga
1) Yoga is a combination of exercise and meditation.
2) Yoga removes stress and keeps us fresh.
3) Yoga was originated in India.
5) Yoga helps to stay physically and mentally fit.
20 Lines on Yoga
1) Yoga is an ancient practice for a healthy mind and body.
2) It is a form of exercise and meditation, which is very helpful for making our lives better.
3) The posture and poses of yoga do not only benefit the physical body, but also enhance the spiritual energy.
4) The six branches of yoga symbolize a special form related to a different set of characteristics of yoga.
5) Raja Yoga is the royal practice which is mainly about meditation and self-realization.
6) Bhakti Yoga symbolizes the path towards devotion and spirituality.
7) ‘Jnana’ or ‘Gyan’ Yoga focuses on the path of knowledge and wisdom.
8) Karma Yoga is the path of action and selfless service without any gain and benefits.
9) Hatha Yoga is the branch with various yoga postures and poses to practice.
10) Tantra Yoga is the path of ritualism, customs, relationships and ceremonial practices.
11) Yoga came in practice around 5000 years ago.
12) The modern Yoga has originated under the gurus Swami Vivekananda, T. Krishnamacharya and Swami Sivananda.
13) Breathing exercises like ‘Anulom-Vilom’ and ‘Kapalbhanti’ improve the oxygen supply to the brain and reduces stress.
14) ‘Bhramari’ is a humming exercise which helps in relieving insomnia, stress and sinus issues etc.
15) Kundalini Yoga is a meditation technique which unfolds the spiritual energy of the body.
16) It heals various common ailments persisting for a long time.
17) Padmasana or the ‘lotus pose’ is the easiest yoga pose with lots of benefits like relieving insomnia and stress.
18) Headstand or ‘Shirshana’ has so many health benefits that it is the king of yoga postures.
19) ‘Surya Namaskar’ is a complete yoga workout with benefits to every part of the body.
20) Yoga does not only enhance the overall body functions, but it also helps to cleanse our thoughts and makes our mind sacred and pure.
Yoga is a tool to achieve good health and spirituality by performing physical and breathing exercises. There are different ways of performing it like slow relaxing exercises to vigorous exercises, depending on your choice and need. Today Yoga has become a part of the daily routine of millions of followers in India and abroad. We must take out some time for practising Yoga to achieve health and spirituality.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Yoga
Ans. 21 June is marked as the international yoga day.
Ans. People call Patanjali the “father of modern yoga.” Tirumalai Krishnamacharya is also thought of as the father of modern yoga in some places of India.
Ans. Headstand pose or Sirsasana, is considered as “The king of yoga poses.”
Ans. Rishikesh is also known as the “yoga capital of the world.” It is thought to be where this famous practice, which is good for the mind and body, began.
Ans. Sarvangasana postures is also known as the “Queen” or “Mother Asana” due to its numerous health advantages.