Yoga is an ancient Hindu exercise which involves breathing exercises and various physical postures aimed for attaining health, vitality and spirituality. Yoga has evolved through centuries from simple chants to vigorous breathing and physical exercises, but the purpose remained the same- self disciplined enlightenment along with health and vitality. 10 important points on Yoga are given below-
Ten Lines on Yoga in English
The 10 Lines given below summarizes the origin, benefits and importance of yoga in our lives. These lines will cater the needs of someone who is preparing an essay on yoga or need to deliver a speech on International Yoga Day falling on 21st June. It will help you to prepare an effective essay and an inspiring speech. Please go through the below given lines and enhance your thinking and knowledge on this ancient holy practice which cleanses your mind and body:
10 Lines on Yoga - 1
1) Yoga originated in northern India during Indus-Saraswati Civilization, nearly 5000 years ago.
2) Pre classical Yoga was a mismatch of various beliefs and traditions often contradicting each other.
3) Patanjali is known as the father of modern yoga.
4) Patanjali gave first systematic presentation of yoga known as “Yoga Sutra”.
5) Post classical yoga gave importance to the human body as a tool for attaining enlightenment.
6) Modern Yoga evolved in 1800s-1900s under the gurus like Swami Vivekananda, T. Krishnamacharya and Swami Sivananda.
7) Modern Yoga is a technique of cleaning mind and body and developing a spiritual connection between the two.
8) There are 11 types of modern day yoga practiced today.
9) Performing yoga has physical as well as psychological health benefits.
10) International Yoga day is observed on 21st June every year since 2015.
We have also provided an additional set of lines on the topic to help you so that you can include more points and extra piece of information in your writing and impress and inspire your audiences. Please go through the below lines which will help you to enhance your essays writing and add value to your speeches and paragraph recitation in your class:
10 Lines on Yoga - 2
1) Yoga is a mental, physical, and spiritual practice which helps in attaining a great mind, body and soul.
2) Yoga is derived from a Sanskrit word ‘yog’ which means union and yoga is considered as a union of body and soul.
3) Yoga was originated in ancient India and it dates back to the pre-Vedic times.
4) Yoga helps improving overall health, fights stress, improves immune system and improves flexibility and overall personality.
5) A study shows that around 16 million people in US practice yoga.
6) There are 6 branches of yoga: Raja Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Mantra Yoga and Hath Yoga.
7) Pranayam is a kind of yoga which deals with breathing exercise.
8) ‘Yoga Sutras of Patanjali’ contains a collection of 196 sutras on practice of yoga.
9) International Yoga Day is celebrated on 21st June to spread the awareness of Yoga and its benefits.
10) Yoga is not just another form of exercise but it is an approach to the inner well being of mankind.
Yoga is a tool to achieve good health and spirituality by performing physical and breathing exercises. It can be performed in variety of forms ranging from slow relaxing exercises to vigorous exercises depending on your choice and need. Today Yoga is performed daily by millions of followers in India and abroad. We must take out some time for practicing Yoga, to achieve health and spirituality.