The Yenisei River which is also known as Yenisey, Enisei or Jenisej is the largest river system which flows to the Arctic Ocean. The Yenisei River is the longest river of Russia and the fifth longest river of the world. The river originates from Kyzyl in Russia and flows through Mongolia and then on the northern side of the Yenisei Gulf which falls into the Kara Sea.
The river also forms a famous lake called Lake Baikal which is considered as the largest freshwater lake in the world. The maximum and average depth of the Yenisei River is 24 m and 14 m, respectively and it flows through Tuva, Khakassia and the city of Krasnoyarsk.
Ten Lines on Yenisei River in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Yenisei River in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let’s start:
10 Lines on Yenisei River
1) Yenisei River flows into Siberia and is the fifth longest river of the world.
2) The river belongs to the largest river system which flows into the Arctic Ocean.
3) Yenisei River strictly flows along the meridian of south to north.
4) It divides the whole Russian territory approximately into two halves.
5) Yenisei River starts from the city of Kyzyl in the Republic of Tuva in Russia.
6) It rises through Mongolia and flows to the northern side of Yenisei Gulf.
7) The length of Yenisei River is 5075 km with catchment area of 2,580,000 sq. km.
8) The maximum depth of Yenisei River is 24 metres and the average depth is 14 metres.
9) The watershed of Yenisei River holds the world’s largest fresh water lake known as Lake Baikal.
10) The tributaries of Yenisei River are Angara, Nizhnyaya, Tunguska and Tuba rivers.
10 Lines and Sentences on Yenisei River
1) Yenisei River is the fifth longest river of the world and one of the longest rivers of Russia, which flows through Central Russia.
2) The river originates in the city of Kyzyl in Tuva in Russia at the combination of two headstreams of the Great Yenisey and the Little Yenisey.
3) After flowing through Kyzyl, Yenisei River rises in Mongolia and follows a northerly course towards the Yenisei Gulf in the Kara Sea.
4) After the confluence of these small rivers, it flows for 3487 km along the border between eastern and western Siberia before emptying into Kara Sea.
5) Yenisei River basin extends approximately 3500 km from north to south and 1700 km from east to west showing a significant diversity of nature.
6) The river is divided into three main sections viz, from Kyzyl to Oznachennoye, from Oznachennoye to Angara confluence and from Angara confluence to the sea.
7) Yenisei River is an important waterway of the Krasnoyarsk region as the regular shipping activities are done from starting to end approximately for 3013 km.
8) The Yenisei River basin is the home to the 55-native species of fishes including two major species viz, Gobio Sibircus and Thymallus Nigrescenes.
9) The cities which are situated on the banks of Yenisei River are Kyzyl, Shagnoar, Sayanogorsk, Abacan, Divnogorsk, Krasonyarsk, Lesosibirsk, Yenisysk etc.
10) The chief ports which are located on the Yenisei River are Krasnoyarsk, Strelka, Yeniseysk, Igarka, Dudinka as well as Ust-Port.
5 Lines on Yenisei River
1) Also known as Yenisey, Jenisej, and Enisei.
2) It is located in Mongolia, East Asia.
3) It divides the Russian territory into two halves.
4) It is found in Central Siberia.
5) It is the fifth longest river on the planet.
20 Lines on Yenisei River
1) Yenisei River emerges from central Russia.
2) It is regarded as the sixth-largest river according to water discharge.
3) Mungaragiyn- gol in Mongolia is the originating place of the river Yenisei.
4) The Great Yenisei and Little Yenisei meet at Kyzyl in Russia to form the river Yenisei.
5) Yenisei River is 3487 km in length.
6) It traces its course through Mongolia and Russia.
7) The area of the drainage basin of river Yenisei is 2580000 square km.
8) Kem, Kacha, Tanama, etc are the left bank tributaries of river Yenisei.
9) Kan, Tuba, Mana, etc. are the right bank tributaries of the river Yenisei.
10) The river finally empties into the Kara Sea an extension of the Arctic Ocean.
11) The Yenisei is an important river of the Asian continent.
12) The river is also called Yenisei or Jenisej.
13) It is stated among the longest rivers of Asia.
14) The river flows centrally between Ob and Lena rivers.
15) Yenisei River is regarded as the largest river to evacuate in the Arctic Ocean.
16) The average depth of the river Yenisei is 14 meters.
17) The oldest and deepest lake Baikal lies in the upper Yenisei river basin.
18) The river is a habitat for more than 50 species of fish.
19) Yenisei river valley is home to a variety of flora and fauna.
20) The river water quality is deteriorating due to nuclear and radioactive waste discharge.
Yenisei River is a good example of natural and geographical diversity. However it is also facing the curse of pollution and getting contaminated by the radioactive discharges from the nearby factories which are producing weapon grade plutonium. The radioactive pollution have highly affected the marine species and changed their normal course of behaviour. If the pollution is not controlled then it might lead to some detrimental consequences in future.