World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on 14th June to recognize the importance of blood donation in saving millions of patients worldwide who have undergone complex operations or have met with illness or injuries. It inspires millions of people around the world to voluntarily take projects to make a difference in society in terms of promoting blood donation across the world.
The celebration every year empowers the local administration to provide the immediate response to the emergencies needing blood in a crisis situation. On World Blood Donor Day people around the world, come together and celebrate the occasion with an aim to service humanity selflessly.
Ten Lines on World Blood Donor Day in English
We are providing here 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on World Blood Donor Day in English Language for students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Students can get help in their studies from these sets of lines and complete their home work, assignments, project work and can get knowledge within less time also. So, let’s start:
10 Lines on World Blood Donor Day
1) World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on 14th June to raise awareness about blood donation which saves millions of lives every year.
2) It highlights the importance of people who voluntarily donate blood to people in need.
3) The World Blood Donor Day was officially celebrated for the first time in the year 2004 by the World Health Organization (WHO).
4) The celebration commemorates the birth anniversary of Karl Landsteiner a great scientist and Nobel Prize winner.
5) World Blood Donor Day celebration acknowledges the importance of transfusion of blood and blood products.
6) The celebration inspires millions of NGOs to promote welfare programmes for people in society like organizing blood donation camps.
7) Every year the World Blood Donor Day is celebrated around the globe with a theme in order to facilitate and promote blood donation.
8) World Blood Donor Day 2018 theme was “Blood connects us all”.
9) The celebration also recognizes the need for blood donation for the patients who have illnesses or injuries, undergone operations or pregnancy problems.
10) Nations around the globe organize various events like lectures, discussions, seminars, blood donation camps to celebrate World Blood Donor Day.
10 Lines and Sentences on World Blood Donor Day
1) World Blood Donor Day celebration aims to reduce the deaths around the globe due to insufficient blood during complex operations or injuries.
2) World health organization, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) jointly organize sessions on the occasion.
3) Various types of logos, posters with media posts and messages in different languages are released by the World Health Organization.
4) The celebration unites local administration especially government bodies with NGOs to organize blood donation camps in rural areas.
5) On World Blood Donor Day, youths get the motivation to donate blood to the people in emergencies like operation, illness or injuries.
6) Community health programmes, interviews, talk shows on radios and televisions are organized at the international level on World Blood Donor Day.
7) The day provides a platform to organize welfare activities like free health check-up and blood donation camps for poor people.
8) Campaigns are organized by NGOs to collect funding for the projects which save the lives of millions of people through blood donation.
9) World Blood Donor Day observance highlights the significant contribution of blood banks in providing relief to the patients who are in dire need of blood.
10) The volunteers, youths, the general public participate in the events organized at various places in the world to celebrate World Blood Donor Day.
5 Lines on World Blood Donor Day
1) 14 June is marked as Blood Donor Day.
2) This day encourages and thanks the blood donors.
3) It highlights the importance of blood donation.
4) This day marks the birthday of Karl Landsteiner.
5) It is observed with a particular theme.
20 Lines on World Blood Donor Day
1) Blood donation is considered a very noble act.
2) It is capable of saving people from dying due to serious illness.
3) The safe transfusion of blood and blood products is necessary for good health.
4) Many people in different nations die due to the shortage of supply of safe blood.
5) The entire world celebrates 14th June as World Blood Donor Day.
6) It was initiated to raise awareness in people regarding safe blood and donation.
7) The vision of celebrating this event was to make people come forward for blood donation.
8) Every year there is provision to celebrate the day with a theme.
9) ‘Give Blood and keep world beating’ was the theme of World Blood Donor Day 2021.
10) We must try to donate our blood once annually.
11) Variety of activities are performed to make people aware about World Blood Donor Day
12) The day marks the birth anniversary of Karl Landsteiner.
13) He is known for the discovery of the ABO blood group system.
14) The celebration of this day came into existence in 2005.
15) It was initiated by World Health Organization.
16) The aim of this celebration is to bring awareness to people for the need for safe blood and blood products.
17) It is also meant to thank people who are participating in blood donation.
18) World Blood Day is listed among 11 official global public health campaigns by WHO.
19) Blood Donation is enhanced in the nation by setting up donation camps.
20) Several organizations work along with the government for the success of this mission.
World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year to create awareness among the public about the importance of selfless service in society through blood donation. Various medical camps are organized at places where people don’t have access to even primary medical facilities.
World Health Organization and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) have become the leader of the humanity service as it has millions of unpaid volunteers around the globe who are voluntarily supporting people in need by donating blood.