Everyone must be well acquainted with Yahoo even some of us might be still using it. If you are asked about yahoo then you can simply say that yahoo is a search engine which gives us better results by smearing information related to our queries over the internet but actually is not all that Yahoo does. Yahoo provides a bucket of services and facilities that makes it the pioneer of the Internet age in the world.
Ten Lines on Yahoo
1) Yahoo is an American company and one of the world’s leading web service provider.
2) Yahoo was founded by two electrical engineering graduates Jerry Yang and David Filo in January 1994.
3) Yahoo was the first online directory and web search engine over World Wide Web.
4) Yahoo purchased ‘Rocket Mail’ in October 1997 and started free email service ‘Yahoo! Mail’ since then.
5) Microsoft tried to purchase Yahoo for $44.6 billion in February 2008 that Yahoo declined.
6) The blogging site ‘Tumblr’ was purchased by Yahoo for $1.1 billion on 19th May 2013.
7) Yahoo’s portal provides access to entertainment, news, mail, map, messenger, etc.
8) Yahoo came into partnership with Verizon Communication, AT&T Inc., British Telecom and Razor Communication.
9) In January 2014, Yahoo detected a hack on millions of accounts of Yahoo users and requested them to reset their password.
10) Yahoo is one of the most popular websites featuring 22 different languages.
The 2nd set of 10 lines on Yahoo is prepared by with some other useful information. The set is prepared with the facts about Yahoo that were not discussed in the first set. We have created the set in very easy language so that the reader can take benefit of the set without any hurdle. The set is full of important information and we hope that it will help the reader in clearing all the doubts regarding the topic.
1) Yahoo was incorporated on 2nd March 1995, 14 month after its foundation.
2) It was 18th January 1995 when the domain ‘Yahoo.com’ was created.
3) Yahoo is headquartered at Sunnyvale, California in the United States.
4) The largest acquisition of Yahoo was ‘Broadcast.com’ for $5.7 billion in 1999.
5) Verizon announced to purchase some parts of Yahoo valuing $4.83 billion on 25th July 2016.
6) The Google founders approached Yahoo in 1998 to sell it for $1 million which Yahoo declined.
7) Yahoo tried to purchase Google for $3 billion in 2002 but Google declined the proposal.
8) Yahoo was the leading web search engine until it was overtaken by Google.
9) The word ‘Yahoo’ has an acronym ‘Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle’.
10) The exclamation mark ‘!’ was added in Yahoo because another company already had a registered name ‘Yahoo’.
Yahoo used to be the most used search engine and Yahoo Answer, Yahoo Mail; Yahoo Finance etc. are the best services of Yahoo that we can take advantage of that too at no charge. We have tried our best to provide you all the relevant information about Yahoo and we hope that the above sets have helped you in expanding your knowledge about the topic and clearing the doubts.