World Hypertension Day is celebrated every year on 17th May to raise the public awareness about blood pressure of human body. The day is celebrated around the globe in order to make the common public aware about the heart diseases due to rising blood pressure in human body.
It also awares about the precautions in daily lifestyle which should be taken in order to reduce the frequency of the heart diseases in entire life span.
World Hypertension Day is celebrated by many health organizations around the world which organize campaigns, free health screening or check up camps.
It also helps to spread the awareness about various types of heart diseases, human body blood pressure, its prevention and cure all across the nations.
Ten Lines on World Hypertension Day in English
We have provided ten lines on World Hypertension Day in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on World Hypertension Day, giving speech on World Hypertension Day, or few lines on World Hypertension Day for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
After reading the below lines you will come to know what is World Hypertension Day, what is hypertension, when do we celebrate World Hypertension Day, why do we celebrate World Hypertension Day, what is the importance of World Hypertension Day, how do we celebrate World Hypertension Day etc.
10 Lines on World Hypertension Day – Set 1
1) World Hypertension Day is celebrated on 17th May every year to raise the public awareness about hypertension.
2) The celebration was initiated by World Hypertension League in the year 2005.
3) Hypertension also known as high blood pressure is a condition of human body in which level of blood force is too high against the arteries.
4) World Hypertension Day is global health awareness program focusing on blood pressure of human body.
5) It helps in reducing the blood pressure related disease worldwide by running global health awareness campaigns.
6) Every year government, NGOs and civil communities jointly hold awareness programmes on blood pressure related diseases on the occasion of World Hypertension Day.
7) There are around 1 billion people worldwide suffering from high blood pressure.
8) Almost 7.5 million deaths have been recorded per year due to high blood pressure, the leading cause of heart related disease.
9) Healthy lifestyle like exercises, yoga, meditation, healthy diet etc can prevent blood pressure related diseases.
10) Every year World Hypertension Day is celebrated with the theme to highlight the harmful effects of high blood pressure.
Please find below the additional set of 10 points on World Hypertension Day which is written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, speech paragraphs, articles and essay.
10 Lines on World Hypertension Day – Set 2
1) World Hypertension Day celebration motivates people regarding preventive measures of heart diseases.
2) Nations around the globe organize various events like health check up campaigns, discussions, seminars etc to celebrate World Hypertension Day.
3) World Hypertension Day celebration highlights the causes of high blood pressure leading to heart diseases.
4) World Hypertension Day 2018 theme was “Know Your Numbers” aimed at increasing high blood pressure (BP) awareness around the world.
5) On World Hypertension Day, health sessions are organized in order to educate medical professional about their roles and responsibilities in handling heart diseases.
6) The celebration stresses the importance of local and national health administration in controlling blood pressure and heart diseases.
7) World Hypertension Day is celebrated every year in order to reduce the occurrence of heart attack by raising awareness through worldwide media campaign.
8) Various posters along with fact sheets about heart diseases and blood pressure are distributed in organizations, civil communities on World Hypertension Day.
9) Many events like awareness walks, question and answer sessions, presentation session with health experts mainly doctors are organised on World Hypertension Day.
10) The volunteers, health experts, general public participate in the event being organized at various places in country to celebrate World Hypertension Day.
World Hypertension Day is one of the famous health events celebrated every year in order to promote the healthy lifestyle for prevention of heart diseases like heart strokes and heart attacks. The heart diseases around the world are leading causes for deaths for almost 1 in every 4 deaths. The government, civil communities and NGOs should work in collaboration in order to raise the awareness about preventive measures which should be adopted in life for controlling blood pressure and maintaining the health of heart which is a vital organ of our body.