World Milk Day is celebrated every year on 1st June to raise the public awareness about the health benefits of the consumption of dairy products. The day is celebrated around the globe by organizing various campaigns and activities like community discussion groups, charity events, awareness programs through radio and TV for drawing attention on “widespread use of milk products and its benefits on health”.
Nations around the globe in collaboration with UN body have launched various ambitious dairy farm projects to promote the milk products.
World Milk Day is also celebrated by many cooperative milk societies, civil communities, schools, institutes, government and non-government organizations around the world.
Various events like conferences, workshops, cooking and drawing contests and free distribution of milk products are also conducted.
Ten Lines on World Milk Day in English
We have provided ten lines on World Milk Day in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on World Milk Day, giving speech on World Milk Day, or few lines on World Milk Day for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
After reading the below lines you will come to know what is World Milk Day, when do we celebrate World Milk Day, why do we celebrate World Milk Day, what is the importance of World Milk Day, how do we celebrate World Milk Day etc.
10 Lines on World Milk Day – Set 1
1) World Milk Day is celebrated on 1st June every year to commemorate the contributions of dairy sector in the livelihoods and nutrition.
2) World Milk Day is global awareness program focusing on importance of dairy products like milk, butter, cheese etc in our daily life.
3) The celebration is promoted every year by Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations.
4) Every year, government, NGOs and civil communities jointly hold awareness programmes on health importance of milk on the occasion of World Milk Day.
5) The day stresses on the importance of dairy sector which supports more than 1 billion livelihoods worldwide.
6) World Milk Day is celebrated in more than 72 countries every year with an aim to raise awareness of dairy’s part in healthy diets, economy and nutrition.
7) It acts as a platform in publicising the activities related with dairy industry specially milk products across the globe.
8) Every year World Milk Day is celebrated with various themes across the world to highlight the importance of milk as a healthy balanced diet.
9) It is celebrated by organizing promotional activities, games, processions, concerts, seminars and competitions worldwide.
10) Nations around the globe celebrate the World Milk Day by organizing various events like marathons, family runs, farm visits and demonstrations.
Please find below the additional set of 10 points on World Milk Day which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, speech paragraphs, articles, and essay.
10 Lines on World Milk Day – Set 2
1) World Milk Day was first observed in 2001 by Food and Agriculture Organization.
2) World Milk Day gives opportunity to farmers, workers, families, celebrities, nutritionists, athletes and politicians to share and promote the benefits of milk.
3) Various posters, fliers, pamphlets are used in worldwide media campaign stating the benefits of milk on the occasion of World Milk Day.
4) World Milk Day celebration stresses the importance of milk and dairy products in different industries employing millions of people worldwide.
5) World Milk Day is celebrated every year in order to advocate the health benefits of milk like calcium, protein, vitamin B12 and potassium to human body.
6) Rallies, Public marches, demonstrations, electronic and print media campaigns are organized to encourage people to consume dairy products, especially milk.
7) Various posters with factsheets about benefits of milk consumption are distributed in schools, civil communities and organizations on World Milk Day.
8) Many events like awareness walk, question and answer session, presentation session with health experts are organised on World Milk Day.
9) In some countries like Afghanistan, World Milk Day celebration involves promotion and free distribution of milk products in schools and localities.
10) The school students, health experts, general public participate in the event being organized at various places in country to celebrate World Milk Day.
Another set of Ten Lines on World Milk Day has been provided for the perusal of the avid readers. Going through the texts, you will know that how it was formed, what is its main objective, and how this day is celebrated all around the world on the same day.
This set of Ten Lines on World Milk Day recall your knowledge about the nutritious value of milk and milk products so that you will become conscious about the health issues.
10 Lines on World Milk Day – Set 3
1) World Milk Day is celebrated every year on 1st June by people all over the world.
2) The World Milk Day was established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
3) It has been celebrated on 1st June every year since 2001.
4) Promotion of milk and milk industry is the main objective of World milk Day.
5) The day provides an opportunity to focus on activities related to the dairy sector.
6) Articles, press releases, news etc. are published to remind consumers of nutritional health utility of milk.
7) Free packets of milk were distributed among children; camps are organized to distribute free milk at locally famous places.
8) Various other programs like debates, discussion, sports activities, essay writing etc. are organized in schools, colleges, universities and other educational institutions.
9) The first National Milk Day was celebrated in India on 26 November 2014 in which various milk producers from 22 states participated.
10) Children are encouraged to participate in Milk Day so that they can start a good habit of drinking milk from a young age.
The fourth set of Ten Lines on World Milk Day has been given forth that will inform you about the celebrating Milk Day all around the world. Going through these points you will able to know why this day is celebrated, what activities have been done on this special day, and what the theme of 2019 World Milk Day.
Students will also know about this day through this set of Ten Lines on World Milk Day and can discuss it with their friends.
10 Lines on World Milk Day – Set 4
1) Every year, 1 June is celebrated as World Milk Day.
2) On this day, the contribution made by dairy products in sustainability, economic development, livelihood and nutrition is appreciated.
3) The main purpose of celebrating this day is to give importance to the nutritional value of milk.
4) There is also a focus on making Milk a global food on World Milk Day worldwide.
5) Every year since its inception, new countries join this event and organize events.
6) On the occasion of World Milk Day, different programs are organized to spread awareness about the importance of milk around the world.
7) The theme of World Milk Day 2019 is 'Drinking Milk: Today and Every Day'.
8) This theme highlights the importance of dairy products and explains how milk should be included in daily diet.
9) In the last few years, some celebrations of World Milk Day have been a number of events such as marathons, field visits, school activities, music, conferences, seminars etc.
10) Some organizations also contribute to donating milk to schools, contributing to food banks and organizing nutrition conferences.
World Milk Day is global awareness event celebrated every year worldwide in order to promote the healthy lifestyle through consumption of dairy products. The milk products have been source of food and employment for billions of people worldwide. Every year the World Milk Day celebration ensures that milk is integral part of human’s life as it provides essential nutrients and vitamins to the body which are needed to keep us active and energetic throughout the day.