Water is the most important element of planet earth as it supports life. Without water, no one can survive in the entire world. Almost 72% of the earth’s surface is covered with water. The water on earth is either present in solid form (ice), liquid or gas (water vapor). In the present scenario across the globe, the consumption of freshwater and underground water has increased to manifolds due to the ever-rising population. Water is the crucial element of our domestic, agricultural and industrial economy.
Ten Lines on Water in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Water in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exams as well as in the school competitions. It can also be used during debate competition, speech narration or to write some lies on this topic, etc.
10 Lines on Water
1) Water is a colorless, tasteless and odorless substance essential for the survival of living beings.
2) Water is the essential element for all human beings, animals and plants.
3) Water comprises of more than 71% of the earth’s surface.
4) Water is derived from various sources like rivers, lakes, oceans, and streams.
5) Water is used for many domestic purposes like drinking, cleaning, cooking, washing, bathing, etc.
6) Water is an essential component in the agriculture sector mainly for the purpose of irrigation.
7) Water helps in regulating the human body temperature and making cells and tissues to grow.
8) Water is also crucial for maintaining bodily functions like breathing, digestion, and sweating.
9) The industrial purpose of water includes washing, processing, cooling, and diluting the products in the manufacturing process.
10) There are three different forms of water i.e. solid (ice), liquid (water) and gas (water vapor).
10 Lines and Sentences on Water
1) The process of circulation of water through condensation, precipitation above or below the surface of earth is known as water cycle.
2) Water energy is also utilized for producing electricity by using dams.
3) The chemical formula of water is H2O meaning each molecule of water contains one oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms.
4) Water is used in many sports and is a source of entertainment in swimming, boating, surfing, fishing and diving.
5) Fishing in salt and freshwater provides a source of food and livelihood to many across the world.
6) Water is necessity in many of the geological processes like sedimentation, waves, volcanic eruption etc.
7) Water is great solvent and acts as medium for many chemical reactions.
8) Water recharges our body by delivering the important nutrients to the cells and organs.
9) Water helps in removing waste products from the tissues of our body and flushes out the toxins from the blood.
10) The aquatic bodies like oceans, rivers, and ponds are home to millions of creature worldwide.
5 Lines on Water
1) Water is a natural resource.
2) 71% of Earth contains water.
3) We need water to satisfy our thirst.
4) It is the basic necessity of living.
5) No life is possible without water.
20 Lines on Water
1) Water is required by all terrestrial life forms for drinking and other purposes.
2) Water bodies are the habitat for marine and aquatic organisms.
3) All vegetation is also saved due to water.
4) If there is no water, then all life forms and vegetation will be destroyed.
5) Water is a valuable natural resource that should be used judiciously.
6) Water freezes at 00 centigrade to form ice, which is its solid-state.
7) Water is a good conductor of electricity.
8) Water in factories is used for production, cleaning, making electricity, cooling machines, chemical activities and many other things.
9) Due to lack of pure water, millions of people are being forced to drink dirty water every year due to which they are falling victim to death.
10) Every year World Water Day is celebrated on 22nd March under the guidance of the United Nations.
11) Water is the basis of life for not only humans but all living beings on the earth.
12) Water is a compound composed of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen.
13) The water that is available on earth has been merged with much particulate matter which remains suspended on it.
14) The term water is commonly used for the fluid state but it is also found in the solid-state (ice) and gaseous state (steam or water vapor).
15) Water is also found as liquid-crystals on water-sensitive surfaces.
16) About 71% of the Earth is covered with water, which is mostly part of the oceans and other large water bodies.
17) Groundwater is water that reaches below the ground after rain.
18) On the Earth’s surface, water is important in both chemical and physical weathering processes.
19) Most of the water needs to be treated before use, as it is polluted by various man-made activities.
20) Water conservation is more important than food for us.
Water is an essential component for the survival of life on planet earth. However, the rapid urbanization and industrialization are leading to the depletion of groundwater and wastage and pollution of water around the world. It’s the responsibility of every citizen to contribute towards water recycling methods so that water can be preserved to fulfill the needs of present and future generations.