Waste is any kind of material which is no longer in use and has come to an end, sometimes it is said that its life has been exhausted and will not be used further. It is the unwanted material which people have thrown from their house. In other words it is also called as “garbage” and “trash”. It can be of any form such as in solid, liquid and gas. Waste is produced daily in our homes which include bio waste and plastic waste. It will not be wrong to say that it is a result of human activity.
Waste management is a practice which includes a series of steps right from the beginning to the disposal. This includes collection, transport, treatment and final disposal under the guidance of waste amazement practices.
Ten Lines on Waste Management in English
We have provided 10 lines on waste management in English for your convenience of understanding of waste and its proper disposal. You can add these lines in your essay and paragraph in your exams and in competition.
10 Lines on Waste Management – Set 1
1) Wastes can cause air as well as water pollution, rotting garbage emits out harmful chemicals and gases which gets absorbed in air and water causing pollution.
2) Waste management is the process of disposing the waste into recyclable use for the mankind.
3) Large quantities of wastes which are processed are of municipal waste, which includes household and commercial wastes of an area.
4) In ancient times population of earth was very less due to which people, in order to dispose their waste, dug the earth and buried their waste.
5) Ineffective waste management can cause health hazards to living beings and environment.
6) The concept of waste management is to reduce, reuse and recycle, this is an ongoing process in which wastes is reused again.
7) Another concept is the polluter pay principle in which the person who is creating waste will have to pay a fine for littering the area.
8) Resource efficiency is a method which focuses on efficient use of the resources.
9) Waste management is more problematic in developing countries rather in the developed countries.
10) Recycling is a good method but every waste is not able to be recycled, example the plastic wastes.
We have provided another set of 10 lines on waste management so that you could know how much important is to make the world waste free. You can add these lines in your speech and presentation in any competition as well as seminar in your school.
10 Lines on Waste Management – Set 2
1) The rules and provision of waste management in India are based on “Sustainable Development”, “Precaution” and “Polluter Pays” principle.
2) In a report it has told that over 377 million people live in towns and cities, generating 622 billion tonnes of waste per year.
3) Out of 622 billion tonnes waste, only 43 million is collected, 11.9 million tonnes is treated and 31 million tonnes is dumped on huge grounds.
4) The main process of waste management is to separate the waste from its source and then getting it recycled.
5) Overpopulation in India is one of the main causes of waste, as when population increases it will result in the increase in waste.
6) Rapid urbanization without proper planning has also created this menace of waste as there is a big issue to throw the garbage.
7) To enjoy all the luxuries, people buy those things which are not of their use and which later end up as waste.
8) As when the science and technology is advancing, accordingly market has become full with electronic devices and gadgets such as TV, fridge etc which is another reason of garbage in future.
9) Waste treatment plants have been crated to dispose the waste in a proper way; as a result people are getting manures and electricity from that waste.
10) Lots of countries have made these type of plants in which waste is converted into manure and in another waste is converted into electrical energy.
Waste is itself a trouble which when not controlled and disposed, will ultimately lead to destruction of this beautiful earth, as when human being will increase, the amount of waste created by them will also increase and one day it will fill whole earth with garbage and waste, reducing the area of dwelling of people as well as other living beings. We have to control this trouble which we have created by ourselves. Proper waste disposal techniques and mechanisms are essentially required to tackle this problem.