Ural is a river which flows through Russia and Kazakhstan in Eurasia. It is the third longest river in Europe after Volga and Danube rivers as well as 18th longest river of Asia. Ural River is considered as the part of the boundary which divides continents of Europe and Asia.
Ural River originates in the Southern Ural Mountains and gets drained into the Caspian Sea. The Ural River Bridge in Orenberg shows Europe on one side and Asia on the other side.
Ural River has a tree like shape of the delta and the entire length of the Ural River is considered as the Europe-Asia boundary.
During winter, many parts of Ural River freeze and during flood the width of the river goes up to 10 kilometers.
Ten Lines on Ural River in English
We have provided ten lines on Ural River in English for class 3, class 4, class 5 and class 6. After reading these lines you will know as what is Ural River, which is the third longest river of Asia, from where Ural River originates, what is the length and catchment area of Ural River, which are the tributaries of Ural River, which cities are located on Ural River basin etc.
You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. It will support your essays on Ural River as well as related topics like Ural River facts, Ural River city, Ural River length, Ural River catchment area or few lines on Ural River etc.
10 Lines on Ural River – Set 1
1) Ural is the trans-boundary river which flows in Russia and Kazakhstan in Eurasia.
2) It is the third longest river in Europe after Volga and Danube rivers.
3) Ural River is considered as a part of the boundary between Europe and Asia.
4) The river originates in the southern Ural Mountains near Mount Kruglaya.
5) Ural River flows to the south and then west towards the north flowing Tobol River.
6) At Orsk, it moves westwards to the southern end which crosses Orenburg.
7) Ural River turns to south at lowland of semi desert area and falls into Caspian Sea.
8) The length of Ural River is 2428 km and the catchment area is 237,000 square km.
9) The tributaries of the Ural River are Derkul, Chagan, Irtek, Ilek, Bolshaya Chobda etc.
10) Cities which are located on the banks of Ural River are Orenburg, Astray, Uralsk etc.
We have provided another set of ten points on Ural River for class 9, class 10, class 11 and class 12. After going through these points, you will know as which is the 18th longest river of Asia, what is the ancient name of Ural River, what is the average water discharge of Ural River, what kinds of animal species live in Ural River basin, which dams are constructed on Ural River etc.
You can use these lines in your speeches and extempore in the school competitions. These lines will also increase your knowledge on Ural River and it will also be very useful in your seminars as well as in your GK quiz competitions.
10 Lines on Ural River – Set 2
1) Ural River is the river which flows through Russia and Kazakhstan and is the third longest river in Europe and 18th longest river in Asia.
2) Generally, Ural River is considered as the boundary which divides the continents of Europe and Asia.
3) Ural River originates near Mount Kruglaya which is located in the Ural Mountains and flows to west of the north flowing Tobol River through Magnitogorsk.
4) Through Orsk, Ural River turns to the west for approximately 300 km to Orenburg and there Sakmara river joins it.
5) From Orenburg, Ural River continues to flow west and then enters Kazakhstan and turns to south at Oral and then moves forward to get drained into Caspian Sea.
6) Ural River mostly gets water by melting snow which is up to 60 to 70 percent and most of the annual discharge occurs during flood time.
7) The mean water discharge of Ural River is 104 cubic metre/second near Orenburg and 400 cubic meter/second at Kushum village, which is 76.5 km from the mouth.
8) About 200 km from the mouth of the Ural River, the area is considered as dangerous for shipping called Kruglovskaya Prova since it narrows and creates a deep pit.
9) The Ural River delta is a favourable and important habitat for animals, birds and various endangered species live on the basin like white pelican, pygmy cormorant etc.
10) A multipurpose dam and a hydroelectric station have been constructed at Iriklinsky which is located in the south of Magnitogorsk.
The Ural River basin is very rich in mineral resources and mineral ores such as Magnetite. It is available in plenty in eastern slope and some of the ores contain alloy metals. The largest copper ore deposits are at Sebia and Nickel ores are located at Ufaley. In the Ural River basin, there is large deposits of bauxite, gold, platinum and Chromite. Because of the rich mineral resources at Ural River basin, the leading industries like mining, metallurgy etc are located here.