Twitter is a well known, globally accepted and most used social networking website. It is used to stay connected with people from all around the world. Also, the user can use Twitter to share his own photos, videos, and thoughts and to check the activities of those whom he/she follows. There are a lot of stuff that one can do on Twitter and it all depends on the user how he wants to use it.
Ten Lines on Twitter
1) Twitter is the most popular social networking website and also used for micro-blogging.
2) Twitter was created on 21st March 2006 and launched in July of the same year.
3) Its founder Jack Dorsey has started the company with the name of ‘Friendstalker’.
4) During September October 2010, Twitter released a redecorated edition of twitter.
5) Twitter entered the stock market listing on 12th September 2013 with the US $1 billion.
6) Twitter has become now a platform to share images, videos, news, and thoughts of the user.
7) Twitter Application can be accessed very smoothly in Apple, Android, and Windows devices and in Blackberry devices too.
8) Twitter launched an option of live streaming videos in 2016.
9) According to ‘Alexa’s Web Traffic’ analysis, Twitter is the 32nd most visited website in the world.
10) ‘Twitterbot’ is a computer program that keeps its eye on fraud Twitter accounts.
Another set of 10 lines on Twitter is given below. The second set is very important and contains some such information on the topic that was not discussed in the first set. The points of the set can be used by the readers in their essays, speeches or other projects on the same topic so that they can put a good impression on the audience. Let’s not talk much and proceed towards the first point of the second set now.
1) Twitter can be used by either visiting the website or by its application in smartphones.
2) Twitter was started as an SMS based platform with 140 characters limits for users.
3) Twitter has the power to connect the user from different countries within a minute.
4) The first tweet on twitter was posted on 21st March 2006 by the creator Jack Dorsey.
5) The famous blue colored bird in the logo of Twitter actually has the name ‘Larry’.
6) During a conference in 2007, the Twitter server got problems due to a heavy load of 60,000 tweets per day.
7) Twitter got no revenue in the first three years after its foundation.
8) Twitter got its billionth tweet right 3 years, 2 months and 1 day after its first tweet.
9) Twitter is globally available in a total of 33 languages to reach almost every individual.
10) The former president of US Barack Obama is the most followed person on Twitter with almost 110.1 million followers.
After seeing the uses, it can be clearly said that Twitter is much more than a tool for amusement in free time. Twitter is a platform to read the experiences of professionals in different fields so it is like getting the knowledge from experts without any costs as creating an account on Twitter is completely free. There is a vast area where Twitter can help us but we would have to be sincere towards using it.