Taj Mahal is the most amazing Mughal architecture and is famous tourist destination in the world. The place which has been declared as world heritage site by UNESCO in 1983 is one of the most admired architecture of the India’s heritage.
Taj Mahal is located at the bank of river Yamuna in New Delhi. Taj Mahal which has been the centre of huge attraction for millions of tourist worldwide is one of the famous architectural master pieces like Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid and Jantar Mantar in India.
Ten Lines on Taj Mahal in English
After reading the below lines you would come to know who built Taj Mahal, what are the unique features of Taj Mahal, why is Taj Mahal famous in world, what is the significance of Taj Mahal, when is the best time to visit Taj Mahal, etc.
We have provided ten lines on Taj Mahal in simple and easy words so that you can use these lines while writing short essay on Taj Mahal, giving speech on Taj Mahal, or few lines on Taj Mahal for class 1, class 2, class 3 or class 4.
10 Lines on Taj Mahal – 1
1) Taj Mahal is white marble mausoleum built by Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan in the year 1653.
2) Taj Mahal is built in the loving memory of Mumtaz Mahal, wife of Emperor Shah Jahan.
2) Taj Mahal is built by 20000 artisans in span of 22 years.
3) Taj Mahal is one of the famous historical monuments in India.
4) Taj Mahal is located in Agra near river Yamuna.
5) Taj Mahal has been chosen as the Seven Wonders of the World.
6) Taj Mahal is surrounded by attractive lawns, trees and beautiful lakes.
7) Taj Mahal is frequently visited by millions of tourists every year.
8) Taj Mahal is beautiful monument which has influence of Islamic Indian and Persian architecture.
9) Taj Mahal has been listed to the UNESCO World heritage site in the year 1983.
10) Taj Mahal has actual tombs of Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan in the lower level.
Please find below the additional set of 10 important lines on Taj Mahal which are written in a very simple language, easy to comprehend and can be helpful for you in exam, quiz, speech paragraphs, articles, and essay.
10 Lines on Taj Mahal – 2
1) Taj Mahal is one of the most favourite destinations for tourists around the globe.
2) Taj Mahal is built during Mughal era by the best artisans in the world after lot of planning and huge investment.
3) Taj Mahal has four amazing pillars at its corners which are built using costly stones and white marbles.
4) The interior chamber of Taj Mahal is decorated with precious gemstones and flower designs are engraved on marbles.
5) Taj Mahal is surrounded by large 280 m square Mughal garden.
6) Taj Mahal opens every day of the week except Friday from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm.
7) The best time to visit Taj Mahal is during October to February as weather in Agra remains cool and pleasant.
8) Taj festival, a 10 days annual event is being organized in front of Taj Mahal usually in the month of February to invoke the memories of Mughal era.
9) Taj Mahal was built by using 1200 elephants, for transporting materials to the construction site.
10) Government from time to time allocate budget for preserving the most famous historical asset of India, Taj Mahal.
Taj Mahal is historically very significant monument in India. Tourists especially students, researchers from all around the world visit this place in large numbers to learn the significance of beautiful monument in Indian history.