Taj Mahal is the most amazing Mughal architecture and is a famous tourist destination in the world. The place which has been declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1983 is one of the most admired architectures of India’s heritage. Taj Mahal is located at the bank of river Yamuna in New Delhi. Taj Mahal which has been the center of huge attraction for millions of tourists worldwide is one of the famous architectural masterpieces like Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid and Jantar Mantar in India.
Ten Lines on Taj Mahal in English
We have provided 10 lines, 5 lines, 20 lines, few lines and sentences on Taj Mahal in English for Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. You can add these lines in your essays and paragraph writing in your exam as well as in the school competition. These lines will also help you to gain knowledge about this topic.
10 Lines on Taj Mahal
1) Taj Mahal is a white marble mausoleum built by Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan in the year 1653.
2) Taj Mahal is built in the loving memory of Mumtaz Mahal, wife of Emperor Shah Jahan.
3) Taj Mahal is built by 20000 artisans in a span of 22 years.
4) Taj Mahal is located in Agra near the river Yamuna.
5) Taj Mahal has been chosen as the Seven Wonders of the World.
6) Taj Mahal is surrounded by attractive lawns, trees, and beautiful lakes.
7) Taj Mahal is frequently visited by millions of tourists every year.
8) Taj Mahal is a beautiful monument that has the influence on Islamic Indian and Persian architecture.
9) Taj Mahal has been listed to the UNESCO World Heritage site in the year 1983.
10) Taj Mahal has actual tombs of Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan at the lower level.
10 Lines and Sentences on Taj Mahal
1) Taj Mahal is one of the most favorite destinations for tourists around the globe.
2) Taj Mahal is built during the Mughal era by the best artisans in the world after a lot of planning and huge investment.
3) Taj Mahal has four amazing pillars at its corners which are built using costly stones and white marbles.
4) The interior chamber of the Taj Mahal is decorated with precious gemstones and flower designs are engraved on marbles.
5) Taj Mahal is surrounded by a large 280 m square Mughal garden.
6) Taj Mahal opens every day of the week except Friday from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm.
7) The best time to visit the Taj Mahal is from October to February as the weather in Agra remains cool and pleasant.
8) Taj festival, a 10 days annual event is being organized in front of the Taj Mahal usually in the month of February to invoke the memories of the Mughal era.
9) Taj Mahal was built by using 1200 elephants, for transporting materials to the construction site.
10) Government from time to time allocate budget for preserving the most famous historical asset of India, the Taj Mahal.
5 Lines on Taj Mahal
1) It is considered the world’s seventh wonder.
2) It was constructed by Shah Jahan in 1653.
3) It is situated in Agra.
4) Taj Mahal is a symbol of love.
5) People across the world come to visit the Taj Mahal.
20 Lines on Taj Mahal
1) Taj Mahal is one of the most attractive and popular visual historical places.
2) The Taj Mahal is a symbol of eternal love of Shah Jahan who built it in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal.
3) The Taj Mahal is counted among the Seven Wonders of the World.
4) It is the burial place (tomb) of the great Empress Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan.
5) Under the dome are the tombs of both the king and queen in a dark chamber.
6) Some verses of the Quran are written on the walls using multicolored pieces of glass (Teracotta).
7) It has four towers which are situated in all its four corners in a very attractive manner.
8) It is made of white marbles which gives it a gorgeous and bright look.
9) The surrounding areas have attractive lawns, ornamental trees, beautiful fountains, etc.
10) Taj Mahal looks very beautiful on full moon night.
11) The Taj Mahal, the beauty of a physical vision, is a perfect indelible mark in the architecture of the Mughal period.
12) It is the tomb of the beloved wife of Emperor Shah Jahan, Empress Arjun Bano Begum also known as Mumtaz Mahal.
13) Ustad Isha Khan of Turkey was credited with being the chief architect of this building.
14) It was built with the hard work of various artists, artisans, and workers.
15) It was completely fabricated in twenty years by Indian usage of around 20 crores.
16) The Taj Mahal is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
17) It is completely symmetrical with paved pathways, lawns, bushes, flowering plants, fountains and elevated lotus pools, all arranged to reflect the images.
18) The main white marble mausoleum building is situated in the middle of a large high platform, which has an area of 57 meters square and 6.7 meters high.
19) The interior consists of a main octagonal central hall which also has auxiliary chambers that are octagonally placed in each corner connected by the radiation pathway.
20) The factor responsible for the beauty of the Taj Mahal lies mainly in its proportions, the agglomeration of its parts, its size, simple curves, and rhythmic settlement.
Taj Mahal is a historically very significant monument in India. Tourists especially students, researchers from all around the world visit this place in large numbers to learn the significance of beautiful monuments in Indian history.