Safety of women in India has become important in developing nations like India as women are equal contributors to the progress of a nation by playing various roles in the field of economy, corporate, education, politics, banks, sports, businesses, army, police, and many more. Despite effective laws and regulations by the Indian government to curb the crimes against women the frequency of crimes is increasing day by day. The crimes have dented the confidence level of women on safety at various places like home, offices, markets, etc.
Ten Lines on Safety of Women in India
1) The safety of women in India is the prime concern in the present scenario as per national crime records.
2) Women from all parts of life are facing safety concerns like assault, harassment at various places in India.
3) The continuous and terrible crimes against women in India have dented the image of our nation in the past few years.
4) Women in modern India are facing constant threats of an acid attack, domestic violence, rape, harassment at the workplace.
5) Women residing in rural India are facing more threats of violence when compared to urban, due to the high illiteracy rate.
6) The literacy rate plays a bigger role in deciding the social and economic status of women thus providing them greater safety.
7) Women in India don’t have the confidence in police because of the attitude and behavior of the investigating officers.
8) The government has enacted different laws and instituted fast track courts for the safety of women.
9) Slow disposal of cases involving crime against women is still a challenge for the Indian Judicial system.
10) The role of civilians, government, police and our judicial system have become very important in curbing crimes against women.
1) Women are feeling unsafe while going alone outside the home in India in the last few years.
2) Self-defence techniques and training for women are playing a major role in the safety of women in India.
3) Some of the techniques like having pepper spray and French knife in a bag, learning self-defence skills judo, karate prove effective for safety purpose.
4) Education plays a major role in building the character of the person and helps in curbing crimes against women.
5) India needs to overhaul policing reform so as to make police more accountable for women’s safety.
6) The law enforcers in India have to act more proactively in order to ensure timely justice for women.
7) The role of civil society and NGOs have become very important in bringing awareness among the citizens for the safety of women in India.
8) The attitude of every individual towards a girl child should change. Every individual should respect the dignity of women.
9) There should not be any discrimination among men and women. Society should treat every individual whether a girl or boy equally.
10) As a nation, we can’t progress until women feel safe and confident, as in modern India women have a very important role to play in the economy and society.
Women safety is the big social concern in India which needs to be resolved by concerted efforts of every citizen of India. The strictest punishment should be given through speedy resolution of cases to the offenders who have committed a crime against women. Crime against women inhibits the growth and development of the nation.