Who does not know Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel? He had been a leading personality during Indian struggle for Independence and was also popular as the ‘Iron Man of India’. Later after Independence of India, he served as the first deputy Prime Minister of India. The Government of India decided to pay him tribute for what he has done to us and so the government inaugurated a statue of him naming the ‘Statue of Unity’ in Gujarat and made it a tourist spot. The Statue of Unity is the tallest statue in the world and there are many interesting facts to know about it that we have comprised in the sets below.
Ten Lines on Statue of Unity in English
We have created a set of 10 lines on the Statue of Unity below.
The set if full of all basic and valuable information about the statue of unity.
The set will provide the reader the guidance to start a speech or any essay on the topic and to make it meaningful.
The facts provided in the set will fill the reader with some sense of pride and he/she would know the actual financial expenses and human efforts behind the Statue of Unity.
So instead of talking much about the topic, let’s start scanning the set.
10 Lines on Statue of Unity – Set 1
1) The Statue of Unity is the statue of Iron Man of India ‘Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’.
2) It is located in Gujarat state of India facing the Sardar Sarovar Dam.
3) The Statue of Unity is globally recognized as the ‘World’s tallest statue’.
4) The statue was inaugurated on 31st October 2018 by the Prime Minister of India.
5) The project was announced by Narendra Modi on 7th October 2010 when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
6) The Statue of Unity was built with a cost of about INR 2989 crore.
7) Approximately 3000 workers and 300 engineers were employed in the project to finalise.
8) The statue is made with bronze cladding and framing of steel which is strengthened by concrete and brass coating.
9) The Statue of Unity took almost 4 years to be completely sculptured.
10) The sculpture of the statue was designed by Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri Recipient Ram V Sutar.
There is a lot to know about the Statue of Unity and that is what has made us prepare the 2nd set of 10 lines on the topic. The set contains some other but very useful and important information about the statue of unity. Since the topic is equally important for the readers of all ages so we have used a very easy language and very basic words to describe facts at every point. Now we request you to read and evaluate whether the idea of statue of unity was ethical or just a futile one.
10 Lines on Statue of Unity – Set 2
1) The statue of Unity is about 182 meter or 597 feet high and seems to touching the sky.
2) The project for ‘Statue of Unity’ was named as the ‘Gujarat’s Tribute to the Nation’.
3) Situated in the Narmada district of Gujarat, statue of unity has the base with height 58 meter.
4) The statue depicts the quality of Sardar Patel of uniting the people of all princely states.
5) The statue of Unity is designed to withstand the wind speed more than 180 kmph.
6) The statue can also effectively bear the earthquake of 6.5 on Richter scale.
7) The structure is made with 6500 tonnes steel, 90000 tonnes cement, 25000 tonnes iron, 1850 tonnes of Bronze and few other materials.
8) The statue is situated on Sadhu Island in Narmada River.
9) The statue has an inbuilt gallery which provides a magnificent view of Sardar Sarovar Dam.
10) The base of the statue has an exhibition hall opened that displays the achievements of Sardar Patel.
We have brought forth a new set of Ten Lines on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel which will improve your knowledge to know about him and the memorable events of his life that made his place in Indian history and remains in the hearts of millions of Indians. These special points also emphasize on the famous and tallest statue made on an island near Sardar Sarovar Dam.
Students may take advantage of these important points from the set of Ten Lines on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in their academic works. These facts may be used by them in completing their tasks stipulated by their school teachers on his character. These lines are useful in writing his biography, short notes, essays etc.
10 Lines on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel – Set 3
1) Sardar Patel, who is known as "Iron Man of India" and Bismarck of India, is one of the most influential politician and freedom fighter of India.
2) He became the first Deputy Prime Minister of India and the first Home Minister after independence.
3) He was born on 31st October 1875 in Nadiad, a small village in Gujarat.
4) His father Jhaver Bhai was a farmer and mother Lad Bai was an ordinary housewife.
5) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's biggest contribution was organizing the princely states and incorporating them in the federal structure.
6) For this reason, every year we celebrate 31st October as “National Unity Day ".
7) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna Award in 1991.
8) The "Statue of Unity" of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has been started from 31st October 2014 and was a dream project of Indian P.M. Sri Narendra Modi.
9) The total cost to build the statue is more than INR 3000 crores.
10) This statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has been built on an island in the Narmada River near the Sardar Sarovar Dam.
The fourth set of Ten Lines on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has been provided below will elaborate the facts that why he was known as the Iron Man and what his achievements were in the and after the freedom. You will know that how he worked for the union after independence to unite the princely states and to join the Indian federation.
From this set of Ten Lines on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel students may take support to write on his character and works in the various form of writings.
10 Lines on Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel – Set 4
1) Sardar Patel was not only a true patriot by mind, word and deed but also was a great supporter of Indian culture.
2) Patel initially got education through Swadhyaya (self-study) and later he went to London to study law.
3) After returning, he practiced law in Ahmedabad for a few days, but being influenced by Mahatma Gandhi's ideas, he jumped into the freedom movement.
4) He was a staunch antagonist of variance and class discrimination.
5) Sardar Patel entered the active politics of the country since 1917.
6) It was the efforts made by Sardar Patel that Indian Civil Services was converted into Indian Administrative Services and the field was open for Indian too.
7) After independence, he had a very important role in merging 562 small and big princely states to make them Indian Union.
8) Sardar Patel was known as "Iron Man" because of his perseverance, self-power, determination, loyalty, unwavering decision making power, conviction, courage and passion for work.
9) His health was deteriorated gradually and in the morning of 15th December 1950, when he was at Birla House, Mumbai, he died of a heart attack.
10) His funeral was held in Sonapur, Mumbai, in which 10 lakh people paid tribute.
The interesting fact about the statue of unity is that it is almost double the height of statue of liberty. The statue of unity is the best tribute to the Iron Man of India and it has provided employment opportunities to thousands of people. The spot is a good idea for the tourism and hence is providing huge revenue to the government of India by the tourism, transport and many other services.
Many people from the national also criticized the idea and called it the wastage of fund but it is sure that the statue of unity has succeeded in getting worldwide attention and people from many other countries visit Gujarat just to see the statue that itself tells a lot about the personality of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.